Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven D Buchan has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Steven D Buchan has the following 7 expertise
- Preventive Medicine
- Weight Loss
Dr. Steven D Buchan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
My former PCP retired and I began seeing Buchan since the practice is internal medicine and cardiology. Thought a good idea since I am elderly. Forget it. He is cold and has a very bland personality. Staff is no better. Medically he is just OK. After 4 years he still doesn't know me and I don't think would know me passing him in the hall. Night and day difference from my old doctor! His nurse is also about as rude as they come. I finally had enough early this year and switched to a new very good doctor. She knows how to diagnose!!
I found Dr. Buchan and his staff to be friendly, caring and competent. Saved my life actually. I had serious problems with no symptoms and his testing found and I got it fixed before it could hurt me. He has top notch cardiologist associates that worked well together as a team. I am alive and happy.
The Doctor was quick and did not do an exam in the office. He did have office staff who did BP and Blood Draws. The Doctor was more intent and took time to examine me during my hospital stay. He seems to know his medicine but is not like the doctors I saw years ago who were concerned about you and asked about your family and life. The younger doctors seem to distance themselves from their patents.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Buchan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Mcgaw Medical Center
Dr. Steven D Buchan accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWoods Cardiovascular Internal Medicine Associates, 15959 Hall Rd Ste 410, Macomb, MI
Dr. Steven D Buchan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Macomb, MI.