Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven L Burandt has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Steven L Burandt has the following 3 expertise
- Preventive Medicine
- Child Development
Showing 5 of 18
I believe he is the worst doctor I've ever known. I agree with the person who said he looks for the easy patients. I believe that's because he can only handle the fluff. He caused my family agony with his incompetence and then lied about it. Even other doctors were on to him. God knows all truths. This guy is a bad doctor and not a very nice person at all.
This was our family doctor for years, but we developed a feeling that the Dr. was only interested in the easy stuff, or doing "wellness check-ups" . If you had something life threatening, or needed thoughtful research, perhaps you should go elsewhere, and please pay for your visit here on the way out. We changed family doctors after a botched diagnosis and subsequent incorrect prescription. Gave 1 star rating because 0 wasn't available on this site
Dr. Burandt has been our family doctor for 19 years. His warm, caring manner makes you feel welcome, and his approach to medicine would be on the conservative side. In other words, he first recommends a conservative medicine or procedure, and then more complicated measures if deemed necessary. I personally like that!
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Steven L Burandt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wheaton, IL.