Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Steven C Goldstein has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Steven C Goldstein has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Steven C Goldstein has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Steven C Goldstein is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
was misdiagnosed after numerous visits, blood tests, a stool test and a colonoscopy. i ended up going to a different doctor and was properly diagnosed and treated just weeks later. this new doctor basically said that in his professional opinion, dr. goldstein screwed up. he was baffled at how dr. goldstein missed the proper diagnosis. on top of this, his staff seems to be incredibly lazy and his billing administrators are completely incompetent.aside from the misdiagnosis and dr. goldstein's seemingly indifference to my pain and suffering, his office is a mess...literally and figuratively. there was one occasion where i had to leave the office before i even saw dr. goldstein b/c they kept me waiting for over an hour. to make matters worse, they billed me for this office visit. i contacted their billing people to explain the situation and they told me my account would be credited. evidently that was never done as i've now received my 3rd notice for this now overdue amount. i'm tempted to just pay the bill and wash my hands of this mess b/c it's been such a hassle, but i refuse to give these morons any more of my hard earned money. in sum, goldstein is a horrible doctor, his office is cramped and messy and his receptionists/billing people are incompetent. save yourself the time and go somewhere else.
I was bleeding from back there, so I went to see Dr. Goldstein. He told me it's nothing to worry about, it's probably just hemmoroids, because I am too young to have cancer. I was 35 yrs old, now I'm 36. I went on bleeding for 7 months believing this, but I noticed I was bleeding more and more and was feeling fatigued and got anemic, so I went back to him and he finally examined me and diagnosed me with anal cancer. I had intense treatments of both chemo and radiation for six weeks, worst and scary time of my life!! Pls see another gastro if you are bleeding no matter what age you are, your life is worth saving!!!
Dr. Goldstein is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Steven C Goldstein accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRetina Associates Of Nj, 3196 Kennedy Blvd Ste 2, Union City, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven C Goldstein, MD - Gastroenterology in Union City, NJ, in this video.
Dr. Steven C Goldstein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Union City, NJ.