Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven West has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Steven West is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Steven West is negligent in practicing medicine. My husband has encountered two incidences that could have had fatal results. 1. My husband had a DVT and tried to tell this doctor that he had similar feelings in the same leg that lead to a Pulmonary Embolism 14 months before. He tried to blow it off and called the bulging vein a "varicose vein". After insisting on an ultra sound the test was run. The Doctor didn't tell my husband that he had a blood clot from the groin to the ankle and sent him home. The next day my husband returned to the hospital barely breathing. He had 12 blood clots in both lungs. He could have died all because this doctor doesn't like to be told what needs to be done. 2. My husband had the flu and went to the ER. Dr West was on duty again. My husband is a renal patient, Stage 5 awaiting transplant in May 2015. The doctor prescribed him Levaquin normal renal function dosing, which was 4 times the limit and high dose of prednisone without the taper process. Levaquin has very serious side effects and when your kidneys are not working properly it causes Toxicity. One of the side effects is Achillies tendon rupture and tendinitis, when put together with Prednisone it makes it more likely of a rupture to happen. Luckily, my husband was unable to walk and did the research to find out what his problem was and discontinued the medication on day 5. It has been 12 days and my husband is still suffering from severe side effects from the toxicity of the Levaquin. Again, Dr West was negligent and this is the second opportunity with my husband to make a near fatal mistake. My husband could have gone into renal failure and has endured very painful and debilitating side effects. I would not recommend anyone seeing this provider. We have made a complaint to the Medical board and are taking action against the provider. To say the least, he is incompetent. He should take care in making sure the patient is safe and not harmed. This provider is lacking in this area of medicine.
Dr. West is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Providence St Peter Hospital
36 Years Experience
University of Utah
Graduated in 1977
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions413 Lilly Rd NE, Olympia, WA
Dr. Steven West is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Olympia, WA.