Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven T Carawan has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Wrist Injury
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Sports Medicine
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
Showing 5 of 61
My 85 yr old mother fell and broke her left femur which required surgery. We met Dr. Carawan in the ER and he couldn't have been nicer. He was scheduled to be in the clinic, but told us he would come in and do mom s surgery. He was just amazing, and I highly recommend him for any bone surgery you might require!
Dr. Carawan has ruined my wrist. I broke a bone above my right wrist small fracture. He put on a cast note that my hand and wrist was swollen. He should have put a splint on then when swelling reduced he could have put on the cast. Now I am out a lot of money and still can not use my wrist. I don't understand why the bone above my little finger is swollen and still hurts. Last visit he looked at it and told me to wear a brace I ask for how long he said until it quits hurting! That will be the rest of my life!
This doctor was run out of SC and can not work there anymore. I can not believe he is allowed to work and operate in another state. This doctor admitted to my older sister that he cut her bones off too short in her knee replacement surgery. She has had another surgery but nothing will help her because of what he did. He quality of life has decreased to only staying in her home she will not go anywhere because of pain and the fact that she is scared of falling. It's just ashamed that he can admit this and walk away but I've watched my sister who used to be a strong lady break down physically, mentally and emotionally because of this. He wasn't in his right state of mind when he operated on my sister. BE CAREFUL!!!!!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2015, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
29 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Scott & White Memorial Hospital
Dr. Steven T Carawan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Steven T Carawan is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Hazard, KY.