Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven Lewis Carroll MD, PHD
Dr. Steven Lewis Carroll, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in Charleston, SC, with other offices in Montgomery, AL and Birmingham, AL . He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Pathology. Dr. Lewis Carroll is affiliated with Birmingham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Uab Highlands and Uab Medical West. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven Lewis Carroll has 3 locations
171 Ashley Ave
Charleston, SC 29425
619 19th St S
Birmingham, AL 35233
Book Online Now
Dr. Steven Lewis Carroll has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
Dr. Steven Lewis Carroll has the following 1 expertise
- Nerve Sheath Cancer
Dr. Steven Lewis Carroll is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Lewis Carroll is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Birmingham Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Uab Medical West
UAB Medical Center
25 Years Experience
Baylor College of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Steven Lewis Carroll Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Steven Lewis Carroll's office for more information.
171 Ashley Ave Charleston, SC 29425
400 Taylor Rd Montgomery, AL : (800) 822-8816
619 19th St S Birmingham, AL 35233
Locations & Directions
Dr. Steven Lewis Carroll is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charleston, SC.