Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven Cartun
Dr. Steven Cartun, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lancaster, PA, with other offices in Monroeville, PA and Lancaster, PA (and 11 other locations). He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Cartun is affiliated with Altoona Hospital and Altoona Regional Health System. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven Cartun has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I found him personable, easy to talk to, and he was a good listener. Also a compassonate doctor, and very up beat. He puts you at ease, and treats you like a person, and is very down to earth. HE was not judgemental or unkind, but personable and kind but professional. And takes the patient's viewpoint into consideration. And doesn't jump down your throat and be judgmental. He treated me with dignity. I had a very good first impression on the two visits I had. Hope this review helps.
Dr. Cartun is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Altoona Regional Health System
32 Years Experience
University of Missouri at Kansas City
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Steven Cartun accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Steven Cartun is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lancaster, PA.