The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven D Herman
Dr. Steven D Herman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brooklyn, NY, with another office in Englewood, NJ. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery), Diagnostic Radiology and Vascular Surgery. Dr. Herman has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Steven D Herman has the following 3 specialties
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Steven D Herman has the following 5 expertise
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Vascular Malformations
- Varicose Veins
- Diabetes Complications
Dr. Steven D Herman is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 7
A Leader in the Field!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Steven D Herman - Posted on August 21st, 2011
He saved my life!!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Steven D Herman - Posted on September 18th, 2009
I would just like to say that Dr Herman is "THE BEST" he saved my life! If it wasnt for him, i would have never found out i also had brain cancer! Both Lung and Brain operations were done within 2 1/2 weeks of each other, and as of today i feel great!!! So, I would just like to thank, and send my love to Dr Herman and of course his 'sidekick' Ruth!!! shes also the best...
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
49 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Steven D Herman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven D Herman, MD - Vascular Surgery in Brooklyn, NY, in this video.
Dr. Steven D Herman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.