Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven Martin
Dr. Steven Martin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pueblo, CO. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry, Neurology and Addiction Medicine. Dr. Martin is affiliated with Parkview Medical Center, St. Mary Corwin Hospital and Saint Mary-Corwin Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven Martin has the following 3 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 14
Well this man hasn't treated me yet but I went into his office and made it very clear I'm addicted to opiates and have been for 5 years..The receptionist told me to have a seat I waited no more than 5 minutes and she came to me with a phone number to god knows who...well when I called this number the lady on the line told me medicaid only covers detox at crossroads because withdrawl is not a medically neccessary condition and if I really wanted Stevens office to treat me it would cost $850 a day I'm pretty sure the other two patients who left good reviews on this site didn't have to pay $850 a day for a months supply of suboxone...it is very depressing knowing I have visited 5 treatment centers in the last month and not one of them is willing to help me...also I got a list of medicaid approved behavioural health doctors from Colorado health partnerships and Dr. Steven Martins name is in there..why does it have to be so hard to get some help I have a gravely disabled girlfriend I need to take care of and I can't do it when all of my money goes towards my next dose...there is nobody else to take care of her and this is causing me a lot of anxiety and depression sometimes I wish I could afford a piece to take out myself with but my next dose is more important than anything else even feeding my lady and making sure she gets to her doctor and therapy appointments... I'm going crazy please someone please help me I just want to die....
Dr. Martin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Parkview Medical Center
St. Mary Corwin Hospital
Saint Mary-Corwin Medical Center
37 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Oregon Health & Science University
Dr. Steven Martin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana National POS
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFront Range Psychiatric, 56 Club Manor Dr, Pueblo, CO
Dr. Steven Martin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pueblo, CO.