Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Steven A De Jong has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Steven A De Jong has the following 6 expertise
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Endocrine Surgical Procedures (Endocrine Surgery)
- Endocrine Disorders
- Thyroid Diseases
Dr. Steven A De Jong has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Steven A De Jong is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 36
Dr. Stephen De Jong, wonderful Doctor. Jan. 23, 2018 Dr. De Jong performed a parathyroidectomy on me. Today, I am one week post surgery, and I feel great! My scar is neat, and clean, I can actually feel my body healing. The pain I was feeling before surgery is gone. I highly recommend this Doctor. Very Professional, Compassionate, Patient and easy to talk to.
I was seen by Dr DeJong in 2010 for a thyroidectomy. 1st of all I was told that he was the only dr at Loyola who did thyroidectomy. I found this hard to believe since Loyola is such a known hospital in Chicago. I was farmed out to a different hospital (due to insurance) until DeJong was back in town & available. He did great work when he did my thyroidectomy. I am a fireman who had tyroid & lymph node cancer. I asked DeJong if my cancer could've been related to my hazardous job, he said, "no". I have come to learn that he was wrong, but he was so sure that he was right. I started to lose faith in him. I was referred to him again for a painful lump in my armpit that was causing numbness in my fingers & nerve pain in my arm. With my history of cancer I was told that I should see an oncologist. But before oncology would see me they wanted me to have a biopsy of this lump to see if it was cancerous or not. DeJong told me to wait, it had already been 4 mths. I couldn't take the pain anymore & he wanted me to wait longer. I was disappointed again with him. His surgical work is good. But I have learned that I can't trust him 100%. I have found a surgeon who was willing to help my painful situation & who cared enough to want to find out if it was cancer or not. Sorry Dr DeJong, but you did this to yourself. You're not always right, eventho everyone tells you that you are.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
34 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Loyola University Medical Center
Dr. Steven A De Jong accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLoyola University Medical Center, 2160 S 1st Ave, Maywood, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven A De Jong, MD - Surgery in Maywood, IL, in this video.
Dr. Steven A De Jong is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Maywood, IL.