Dr. Steven R Demeester Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Steven R Demeester?

One of first to offer Endosopic Treatment for early stage Esophageal Cancer. Doing well 6 years after diagnoisis.

The best!

Dr. DeMeester had to repair a surgery I had done previously that went wrong. He had to undo what had been done and redo it and I've been fine ever since. He did that surgery over 8 years ago and I've had no further issues so I can honestly say he's aces in my book!

Amazing Dr , My dad had esophagus cancer and Dr DeMeester removed the esophagus ,the surgery was a success ,my dad y recovering right now ,but he is doing great , almost back to his normal life and surgery was las monda about 9 days ago , thanks Dr DeMeester for saving my dad`s life ,

Dissatisfied

I contacted Steven DeMeester in 2008 when I was told by an ENT that I had acid reflux. Not only did DeMeester tell me that the extant 1950s Nissen Fundoplication would work in preventing LPR (no GERD) symptoms, which I find out later that the surgery is not pertinent on LPR-specific cuasation, but he performed the surgery so aggressiviely, I had to have the procedure re-done in Pittsburgh because of severe eating, swallowing, ear nose throat, breathing, etc problems. When I complained, he indicated that "trust between a doctor and patient is paramount" and ended the relationship - leaving me with a bill, a non-working esophagis, and a lost singing career. No one has been able to help me since and they are performing surgeries that reflect antiquated and anachrnoistic thinking. I tell you - do more research before having a nissen and about DeMeester. Ask to talk to other patients who have worked with DeMeester and those of you with money, push for regenerative solutions. If we push for collectively smarter practices, we will be the recipients in so much. DeMeester lied to me about the efficacy of a Nissen for LPR, botched the surgery, and my esophagus is now ineffective altogether -- and all of the original symptoms and pains remain, along with new ones caused by wrapping the stomach around the lower esophagus. Ask for More - you deserve it!

Nissan Surgery

Dr. DeMeester's office schedulers are not professional and I waited for weeks to get my tests and surgeries approved and scheduled. I made several calls and finally got my own approvals. Dr. DeMeester himself was a wonderful doctor once we did the redo surgery for GERDS. The first surgery was a disaster. I do not blame him. Just waiting to get help from the first surgery took over five months. Once I was able to get back in to him everything was taken care of and his surgery was successful. He took more time w/me on the second surgery and I rec'd better care. I would recommend him highly but warn you about his staff.

USC has the worst administrative service. I will never go there again or reccomend them. I had one scheduling problem after another and terrible wait times.

Saved My Dad's Life

Steven DeMeester has renewed my faith in the medical profession. He is the best doctor I have had the pleasure of dealing with. He responded to email's on holiday's, in the middle of the night, weekends, you name it, he was there. My family and I went through a very difficult 4 years caring for my critically ill Father and Dr. Demeester made a terrible time so much easier to handle. I cannot recommend him highly enough. He is a champion and a hero in my book!

He saved my husband's life.

My husband was sent home to die by his physician. Luckily I found Dr. Demeester and he performed surgery on my husband's lungs. It will be 12 years ago this Thanksgiving and my husband is alive, well, and still cancer-free. He is the best.

I would recommend Dr.S. Demeester. I'm very happy that I found him.

Nissen Fundoplication

Three months ago Dr Steven DeMeester performed a laproscopic fundoplication operation on me. I am extremely pleased with the results. I have Barrett's esophagous. My two older brothers had esophageal cancer. One was operated on by Dr Tom DeMeester and one by Dr Steve DeMeester. Both were diagnosed after developing full stage cancer and had esophagectomies. I discussed my Barrett's with Dr Steve DeMeester and following a set of comprehensive tests it was clear that the combination of my symptoms and family history strongly favored having the operation. I recommend Dr DeMeester without reservation for anyone suffering with GERD symptoms or who have had a result of an endoscopy exam that indicates a problem of the esophagous.

Dr Steven DeMeester has performed a Nissan Fundoplication that corrected one done by another surgeon that had failed. He also is treating me for Barrets Esophagus, a pre-cancerous condition. I have the utmost confidence in Dr. DeMeester, and recemmend him to anyone with severe Reflux or Barrets Esophagus.