Dr. Steven Donatello Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Steven Donatello?

Posted on April 6th, 2017

Dr. Donatello and his staff are not only caring, they make you feel like your at home with family who truly cares. I've never had a bad experience with any of his treatments, injections or surgeries and, I've had a few! I can't say enough about him and is experienced team!

Perfect Pain MD

Posted on June 16th, 2016

Dr. Donatello is an extremely intelligent MD. He is well versed in diagnosing pain issues and knows how to deal with them. He treats his patients to the best of his ability.

Posted on January 30th, 2016

Dr. Donatello is a phenomenal man. He is, by far and away, the kindest, most patient, and honest MD that I have ever been seen by. If you have to wait to be seen it is only because Dr. Donatello leaves no stone unturned and gives each and every patient he sees every opportunity to ask questions about their care and does not end your appointment until he knows for certain that you understand every Avenue of treatment available, and the benefits of each, until you can comfortably make informed decisions regarding your pain management. I am a happier healthier man because of his guidance.

Dr. Donatello is wonderful

Posted on October 16th, 2015

He is a wonderful physician and a very kind person.

CREEPY, then DISMISSED ME when I called him on it

Posted on May 14th, 2014

Came in for neck pain, this guy kept touching me way too much even after the exam, and not just on my neck. I told him directly that touching made me uncomfortable. He talked about some tests and injections but offered no immediate relief of pain that was keeping me off work. When I asked him about this, he said I was "not appropriate for pain medication" but would not explain why. I have never taken any prescription pain pills and have no addiction history. He then told me that I should find another doctor if I only wanted pain pills. I never said that to him! I think he just didn't like that I didn't find his touching flattering. Big ego, not helpful or ethical, also his NURSE IS RUDE or antisocial.

THE best!

Posted on May 2nd, 2014

I have been seeing Doc D for 9 years now. I have had 5 joint replacements, and a cervical discectomy and fusion. He has seen me through all of these procedure with stellar style. He ALWAYS makes sure I have what I need. All phone calls and test results are returned very promptly. I am SO sad to know his Nurse, Miss Pat, will no longer be at the Green Bay Road clinic. She also, was wonderful. I have never found another doc like him, and probably never will.

amazing doctor

Posted on March 27th, 2014

I would recommend bDr. Donatello to everyone!!! I have been going to see him for 6 years, and I feel he is an amazing doctor, and I pray that he doesn't ever leave the area. He is very easy to talk to. Very nice staff. He has a great bed side manner and always takes the time to answer all of your questions and concerns. The staff is very nice and easy to get along with.

LONG time patient

Posted on July 11th, 2013

Unfortunately I went too long. Problem NEVER improved. Phone calls not returned, if lucky maybe by the next week. All staff wonderful with the exception of the RN. Could care less attitude. First couple of years were great, then downhill rapidly. The six people I referred have also sought help elsewhere. Waiting time 10-45 minutes. On four occasions after waiting one half to ONE full hour, I had to go to the secretary's desk to ask if anyone knew that I was there.

Awesome bedside manner!

Posted on June 6th, 2013

I had to get 6 treatments that were very scary! Dr. Donatello was always on time, [very compassionate, and I did not have insurance so he even helped reduce my bills. I still see him, as I am still recovering even though his office is over an hour away. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

An asset to pain management

Posted on February 12th, 2013

After having treated with a med pushing doctor for over 5 years it as a relief to switch to Dr Donatello. Rather than pushing meds he has come up with treatment options that WORK. He is not afraid to admit when he is outside of his comfort zone as far as treatment is concerned (I have T spine issues that he referred me to a specialist for). He doesn't just treat my chronic pain but is also concerned about my over all well being and stress levels (as stress attributes to increased pain levels). He is always prompt, I've never had to wait more than a couple minutes to be seen. Where as other doctors have made me wait hours past my scheduled appointment time. After two spinal surgeries and over 6 years of living with daily pain and receiving shoddy at best medical care it was a breath of fresh air to begin treatment with Dr Donatello and finally hear that there are alternatives to surgery that can and do help my condition.

Did Not Help, Staff is Unfriendly

Posted on January 25th, 2013

Offered surgery as only option and would not call me back to discuss any other options for treatment. Felt that he dismissed me because I am a middle-aged woman with chronic back pain. I would like to avoid surgery and have found another doctor who empathizes and is willing to help me with that plan. This doctor, I think, is very afraid that everyone is a drug addict. A valid concern but to treat everyone like that and not help with pain management ... why be in this profession then?

Professionalism

Posted on September 17th, 2012

I have been a patient for 2 1/2 years. I find the entire practice (MD, Nurse and office staff) to be efficient and professional. This is a difficult specialty, with difficult patients, situations and regulations. Dr. Donatello and his staff have always seemed caring and considerate. I suspect the negative reviews are a result of people being frustrated by the strict rules that need to be followed. These regulations are imposed by state and federal governing boards and are not personal. Unfortunately, things may become even more strict and limiting because of a few bad apples who chose to abuse prescription drugs and make life miserable for people who struggle with very real and horrible chronic pain conditions.