Dr. Steven L Drayer Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Steven L Drayer?

Patient Advocate

I called out to help a customer with an issue with a medication, the lady who answered the phone refused to do anything to help. She was rude, and sadly the patient expressed she had the same poor treatment and service at this office as well. Poor customer service, the staff is rude.

Bedside manner

I have never been treated worse by another human that was not a family member! He discounted the severe pain I was in. Insinuated it was in my head. He put me in tears. My husband had to restrain himself from coming across the room and decking him after being unbelievably rude. I am not a mean person. I am a nice person and was excited that day to finally get in front of someone that might be able to help me. No telling what his deal was but I never went back.The front staff were wonderful but steer clear from this guy. The doctors and physical therapists at Compass Health gave me my life back from pain.

Skilled surgeon with great staff! Amy the office manager has a lot of knowledge with insurance and assisted us with picking new insurance that meets our needs.

Highly recommend this surgeon!

Rudest Doctor I've ever encountered

1000% successful hip replacement

I'm so glad to say I got my life back after 19 years of pain & inactivity due to a degenerative bone disease in my left hip since 1997. Now I’m 52, & @ the1 year anniversary after full hip replacement. I am exercising again, lifting weights and playing full court basketball, chopping wood, very active with my kids....all 100% pain free. I had no choice but to trust Dr. Drayer (more than once) and he did not let me down. I wish I’d done this years ago. I never realized how much pain I was living with. God has blessed me with a new life!

I have been a patient of Dr. Drayer's for 15 years and have had knee replacement on both knees and a complete right shoulder replacement and feel so much better. I recommend Dr. Drayer to a lot of people that are having orthopedic issues. He is the kind of doctor that you do what he tells you to do after surgery and you will have great results. His office staff are great and friendly.

Okay by us!

We have had five surgeries with Dr. Drayer and have been pleased with each of them, even though a couple of injuries were beyond repair. The man is a good surgeon and we will be going back for sixth and seventh surgeries with him. However, if you are looking for someone to coddle you, hold your hand, etc., he is not the doctor for you. He is a no-nonsense, straightforward man who wants to help you, not babysit. His manner is brisk, but not unfriendly, so decide what you want from your surgeon.

Disappointed

Dr. Drayer did not address the issue of my soreness in my leg a year after hip replacement. Made me feel like this never happen to any of his patients before.

Stay away from this doctor

This man has almost zero interpersonal skills. He left me sitting in a hospital room promising surgery while instead handling his more profitable elective surgeries. Then, yelled at me when i dared to question things. No bedside manner. He's only about money. If you can, run - don't walk - from this man.

Excellent all around service

My family and I have been seeing Dr. Drayer since 1998. Between multiple ankle fractures that raised questions about an underlying illness that was never even considered by the pediatrician to a foot fracture in young child that continued to complain about pain, Dr. Drayer has provided excellent care and spent an inordinate amount of time to find the cause of the pain (additional fractures that were invisible by x-ray at first) and fix the problem(s). Dr. Drayer speaks in an easy to understand manner using layman's terms that even a 6-year-old child can understand and he is even funny. Follow his instructions after surgery, you are golden. Weigh the options he gives you for treatment - it is your choice on what to have done. The man knows his stuff! Staff is excellent (Mary and Sheila ROCK!)! The rotating PT staff there to help with range of motion measurements for a more definitive diagnosis is something you cannot obtain at every orthopedic doctor's office.

Would never reccomend this doctor

Dr. Drayer was the only doctor on staff at Sparrow when I broke my arm, he was rude to my family and I. At follow up appointments at this office he was rude, did not listen to my complaint of pain, and missed a shoulder injury (that another doctor discovered by listening to my signs and symptoms). Dr Drayer was more concerned with my the type of health insurance I had and how much he was going to be paid. Total jerk and would never recommend him. Ever.