Dr. Steven G Duras Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Steven G Duras?

Belated Review (Twenty Years Late)

May 1997, I was faced with discovery of a large tumor in my upper colon. It didn't look good, and my wife and I were extremely distraught & scared. Must have been God that helped lead us to Dr. Steven Duras to be our surgeon. Some folks find his toughness and no- nonsense approach to be a negative factor. We admired these attributes, and drew hope and calmness on what was ahead. Dr. Duras gave us the facts and possibilities, but without sugar coating them. Twenty years later when I look at the surgical scar (and my wife & family) I recall my feelings expressed above, and know that Dr. Duras (and those assisting him) made it possible thru their skills and determination. And, until now, I have felt ashamed that I had not truly Thanked Dr. Duras for possibly saving my life!! Thank you, and God bless!

Never again

I have now had several occasions where I had Dr Duras and they have been horrible and left me a complete mess. He does not listen at all to his patients and does not take into considerations anyone but himself. He is aloof and spends little time with you nor does he remember much of your concerns. I left a hospital very sick against the hospital doctors advice just because I did not want to have him as my possible surgeon and he refused to sign off and let me go to the UW via transfer..... we had a whole group of people at the hospital trying to get him to approve it. He also did not agree with anyone else's opinions of my diagnosis and treatment plan.... this is the last time I will go to St Clare's if I think he will be the doctor there. Very uncompassionate!

Saved my life!

I live in Oregon and was up in Washington visiting my Mom . Thought I had a terrible flu and fought going to a Doctor, especially the ER. Finally went after 3 days of fever and weird symptoms. Within an hour or so, Team St Claire's Hospital and Dr Duras figured out my gall bladder was about to burst (gangrenous and multiple stones). I am fully recovered afte the scare of my life. FIVE stars, no question!

The Medical team at ST Clair Hosp. is is very good they make you feel as if you are their only Patent thank you for helping me live and feel better .