- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven E Fern
Dr. Steven E Fern, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Louis, MO. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Fern is affiliated with Missouri Baptist Medical Center. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Steven E Fern has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Steven E Fern has the following 10 expertise
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
Showing 5 of 5
Most knowledgeable, caring gastroenterologist my husband and I have ever seen.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Steven E Fern - Posted on July 30th, 2018
Dr. Fern stands head and shoulders above all the Gastroenterologist’s we’ve seen and we’ve been through quite a few. It’s not that the other doctor’s were bad necessarily, but more that Dr. Fern is a rare find in this day and age of doctors forced to take on too many patients and rush you through appointments. To the contrary, Dr. Fern spent time with us(we each had appointments with him)and shared extremely helpful knowledge that no other Dr. has ever shared. I could go on and on, but mainly we both wanted to sing his praises because our whole experience was amazing. My husband called him this morning with a serious problem and he didn’t pass him off to the ER, no he dealt with the issue himself. Dr. Fern is a godsend!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Steven E Fern - Posted on February 17th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Steven E Fern - Posted on January 15th, 2015
Very bad experience
Self-verified patient of Dr. Steven E Fern - Posted on August 25th, 2011
Think twice before you see this doctor. His staffs are very rude and unprofessional. They will give you wrong information and over-charge you!I had a Colonoscopy procedure done by this doctor. Before the procedure, I gave my insurance information (both primary and secondary) to the staff and asked them to check how much money I need to pay out of pocket. The staff told me, you do NOT need to pay anything. The insurance companies will cover everything. One month later, I was over-charged over $700 for everything (Endoscopy, Anesthesiology, and lab tests). Its a disaster to talk to the staffs and impossible to talk to the doctor.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Steven E Fern - Posted on January 25th, 2011
Dr. Fern is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Deaconess Medical Center
Dr. Steven E Fern Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. Steven E Fern is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.