Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven Fabian
Dr. Steven Fabian, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lakewood, CO, with other offices in Brookline, MA and Arvada, CO . His specialties include Internal Medicine and Nephrology. Dr. Fabian is affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital, Rose Medical Center and Avista Adventist Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven Fabian has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
He is the best Dr. my mother has ever had. He has been available night and day for any questions we had about her health. I wish all Doctors cared about their patients like Dr. Fabian. I just can't say enough about him. He has great bedside manner and really CARES about the patient and not just about the money. Hard to find any Dr's these day that has his integrity.
Dr. Fabian is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Massachusetts General Hospital
Rose Medical Center
Avista Adventist Hospital
Saint Anthony North Hospital
Brigham and Women's Hospital
VA Hospital- West Roxbury
VA Hospital - Jamaica Plain
Dr. Steven Fabian accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Steven Fabian is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lakewood, CO.