Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven E Fochios has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Steven E Fochios has the following 6 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
Dr. Steven E Fochios has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Steven E Fochios is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I've used Dr. Fochios for over 20 years. He was recommended by a physician friend of mine. I found him to have very pleasent personality. I've noticed over time how many of his other patients were also physicians which I found very reassuring. Although I had been seeing a number of other doctors, Dr. Fochios was the only one who noticed abnormalities in some of my routine test. To make a very long story short, he saved my life, as ten years ago I had a successful liver transplant. The pretransplant period lasted well over three years. During that entire time he kept in constant contact with not only me, but every doctor I saw. The bottom line is that Dr. Fochios is that rare, exceptionally knowledgeable, caring doctors to whom I owe my life.
I consulted with Dr. Fochios for GI issues and had a gastroscopy at his office, which went smoothly from start to finish. I am a medical professional and was very observant of all issues concerning this procedure. I can happily report that all was fine, if not exceptional, in this experience. Contact with the office staff, the follow up with both Dr. Fochios and the anesthesiologist -- all first rate. I highly recommend Dr. Fochios and either of his two MD associates at his office, whom I have also had contact with.
42 Years Experience
George Washington University
Graduated in 1976
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions117 E 65th St, New York, NY
Dr. Steven E Fochios is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.