Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent
Facts about coronary artery angioplasty with stent, including who needs it, risks involved, and what type of doctors perform the procedure.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Steven T Forman
Dr. Steven T Forman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Alamitos, CA. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Cardiology. Dr. Forman is affiliated with Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center. Dr. Forman has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven T Forman has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
Dr. Steven T Forman has the following 22 expertise
- Heart Attack
- Heart Catheterization
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Varicose Veins
- Heart Block
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Venous Insufficiency
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
Dr. Steven T Forman has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Forman is nothing short of incredible. He's immensely thorough. He leaves nothing to chance. He insists on doing all the right tests and for the patient to be compliant. The end result is effective care that creates piece of mind. And if you have any kind of heart problem what you really want is peace of mind, especially if you've seen your siblings and relatives die from heart problems as have I. I'd give him 10 stars if this site would let me.
DR Forman inserted 2 stints in my heart after an attack and took over my after care when my original Cardiologist had to retire. I find him to be thorough: patient and caring and extremely qualified in his field. He takes all the time you need to answer questions: without you feeling rushed. Any concern between appointments are promptly relayed through his competent nurse and evaluated by Dr. Forman with a call back, usually the same day, to advise you of any actions needed.
Dr. Forman misdiagnosed me in 2010 with a genetic heart disease. I went to him after finding out my brother had HOCM. I had an echo and ekg. My EKG was abnormal and he said my echo was ok. "You don't have the disease and never will." He never suggested I see a specialist, which he should since he did not understand the disease. Now in 2014, I have symptoms and a stress test indicates I indeed have HOCM. I have since been to the Mayo and have moderate damage. Dr. Forman was out of his element and Should have recommended I see a HCM specialist. I now go to UCLA. If you have a genetic condition, I advise you seek professional care at UCLA or Cedars Sinai. Dr. Forman needs to man up when he is out of his knowledge element and tell his patient that he needs to be further evaluated by a professional with knowledge in the field. I regret not seeking further assessment in 2010. It might have prevented the damage I now have.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Forman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1991
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Steven T Forman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
Locations & DirectionsLos Alamitos Cardiovascular, 3771 Katella Ave Ste 300, Los Alamitos, CA
Dr. Steven T Forman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Alamitos, CA.