Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven A Gelber has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Steven A Gelber has the following 12 expertise
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Steven A Gelber has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Steven A Gelber is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Gelber in an insensitive, rude doctor, who probably thinks he is God. He will care for you one day and not care for you the next. Totally umpredictable. At times, he will laugh about serious problems. That happened to more than one of his patients. I do not recommend him. If you want to keep going to OBGYN, chose another provider. They are much nicer than him!
My husband brought me in after I had collapsed and vomited at home, at 8 months pregnant. I usually saw a different doctor (whom I love) at his practice, but Dr. Gelber was on duty at the time. He said that I might've just had a really bad migraine headache. My husband persisted, and apparently I was suffering from a ruptured vessel (avm) in my brain. Migraine headache? I don't think so. Now I know he's no neurosurgeon. But an ob/gyn is still a doctor. Considering the gravity of my situation (and the miracle that it was, that my baby and I both survived the brain hemorrhage due to a fantastic interdisciplary ob/gyn + neurosurgery team at Strong Hospital in Rochester, where I was rushed), I was incredibly lucky. But considering the gravity of the situation when I was brought in to see Dr. Gelber, his diagnosis was a disgrace to his entire practice.
27 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1991
Geisinger Health System
Dr. Steven A Gelber accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsOb/Gyn Associates Of Ithaca Llp, 20 Arrowood Dr Ste A, Ithaca, NY
Dr. Steven A Gelber is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ithaca, NY.