2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Steven L Gershon?

Autism Spectrum Disorder

Autism Spectrum Disorder

STEER CLEAR!!!!!!

I started seeing Gershon bk in 2014 & bk then he helped me with medicine to control my pain. But about 6 months into it he took me off my pain med & said the FDA told him he could not prescribe any type of pain meds for arthritis/fibro patients any longer. So, he put me on Savella & gave me trigger point injections & told me I need to exercise more!!!! I was willing to try it, along with medicine that was "approved" by the FDA which ended up being anti-inflamatories. He told me if they didn't work the next step would be codeine. YEA RIGHT!!! Never happened!!! So, I ended up ceasing my treatment with him & turning to more natural remedies. Well, hurt my neck SUPER bad recently & reluctantly went back to him... BIG MISTAKE....he talked a good game, when I FINALLY got to see him(about an hour pass my apt time), but the medicine he gave me was not covered thru my insurance & when I called to get something else short term till the dr could write a letter to my insurance & hopefully get it covered, I was screwed around for 2 days!!!! And found out my insurance had called them & given them other options on ones they do cover. BUT, he doesn't write those types of prescriptions!!! EXCUSE ME???!!! I thought I was at a pain clinic!!! UNREAL!!! Not to mention how VERY rude they were, & the fact that my insurance had to tell ME that they had called them with alternative meds for him to write me, HE JUST DID NOT WANT TO!!!!!! So, their fix to all this, refer me to another pain Dr!! HOLY COW, really??!! I thought I was at a PAIN CLINIC??!! WOW.... STAY AWAY FROM THIS DR......he thinks he's God & has all the answers when in real life, HE HAS NO CLUE!!!!! Staff at the front desk is rude & spends more time gossiping than doing their job & the PA's have gotten as bad as the dr.... at least the one I saw & had to deal with on the phone, & it's a shame because that particular PA was one of my favs from when I 1st started going, but, now she's acting more like dr. gershon. Truly hope his practice tanks so his patients can go to a true pain dr. & get the help they need....would give 0 stars if there was a button for that but since there isn't I'm giving 1 star for each.....

Was a patient for three years. Only saw Dr. Gershon personally twice after complaining that my pain was unresolved and that my treatment was going nowhere. On my last appointment, I waited over an hr and then after asking staff why my wait was so long, I was told that the nurse practitioner who saw me normally was no longer there and someone else would be seeing me. It would have been nice to know that when I checked in. The office manager is very rude and condescending and has terrible customer service. I was supposed to be on a payment plan, but they only take payments in the office (not over the internet, phone, or automatically out of your account) and they will try to force you into paying more than agreed during your office visit. I will not be going back to see Dr Gershon and I advise anyone not to waste their time as well.

Scared for my husband

About 5 years ago I had an EMG done by this doctor and it hurt immensely. I know this test can be painful but I have also heard the doctor always tell you when one of the needles were going to be painful. Anyway my husband has to have one this Friday, Feb 27, 2015. I have never read such horrible reviews on a doctor as I have this man. I sure wish I would have remembered this was the doctor who did mine, and checked the reviews out. I do however are in pain management now. Dr. Tracy Pennington does write prescriptions if you need them but she's not really willing to see you outside of your appointment times. I found a man named Dr. Hansen. He transferred from Bonsecours last year and opened his own office off Kempsville Road. He is a concierge doctor. But he and his nurse Rena are like my family. If I have a problem, and they are booked solid they will tell me to come in and they would work me in. And it was within a hour. The reason I'm telling people that check Dr. Hansen out is because of all of Dr. Gershon's horrid reviews. People should not have to go to a doctor with the anticipation of getting help, and then treated like a number. So from my own experience 5 years ago, I'm telling this man is no doctor in my book.

I had to give a one star to complain on this Doctor which is a shame due to from personal experience you see him once then turned over to a sorry NP who plays Doctor. Don't go there for chronic pain you will be treated over a year then dropped and you will be left in pain. Just because this place failed as a Pain Management Doctor they end up blaming the patient for there errors. The NP is a joke. Stay clear of her your put on medications by her then dropped without her seeing you in person a staff member will call you and say she can't help you anymore seek another Pain Management Doctor to go to. Your blamed for being on medications she had you on. Stay clear of this place you go there in pain and left in pain. Look at all complaints here before you go there. Very sorry NP and the Doctor let's her get away with her sorry treatment towards a patient.

if you want to get well, DONT come here!!

This place and the Dr along with his pathetic NP! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL, VERY LOUSEY ATTITUDE, its a rackett and no help with pain, load you up on all these meds and then drop you in the end. What class! They get a RECEPTIONIST to do their dirty work screw meds up calling them in and then the"NP" doesnt even remember what she prescibed you. Defintely will be reported!!

Pain Management Discouraged

Dr. Gershon was seeing me for back/neck problems, hip/pelvic pain & fibromyalgia. His office is a low dose med. facility. I wanted a new doctor who may have something new to help with my pain. I was happy to know he wouldn't shove pills at it. I was told this when I saw him on my first visit. I never saw him again. I also saw 3 different physician's assistants. One of them, was a woman who the month before was just observing in the office. She decided I have sleep apnea and ordered a sleep study. They confused my medications and stopped filling others without weaning me off. The nurse who called me for the last time got peeved at me for asking why a med. wasn't being called in, when I was told they would fill it after my last doctor changed insurance companies. He was arrogant, they were not helpful or attentive to my care. I had left another pain practice because of these same sort of things. I had HIGH hopes but now I have to find another pain specialist. A pain specialist office should at least be empathetic!

What a PAIN!

Most of us who have chronic pain did not arrive at the pain clinic until after we exhausted our PCP, UC, and OTC options. A good pain management physician understands the affects of constant, unrelenting pain on ones spirit and emotions. It takes an invisible toll that taints everything in our life, it steals joy, robs peace, and destroys family if gone unchecked. By the time we get in the door of a pain clinic, many are begging for a solution, not a goose chase of half-measures and healthy dose of judgement by an arrogant doctor. Since when did the hippocratic oath cease to include "do not harm" and what about "love thy neighbor". This practice is in the toilet because they operate a business that preys on desperate people who will do almost anything to find some relief. I find solace in considering Dantes Inferno and which h-ll doctors such as this will land in, mean, yes, but a passionate topic for anyone who has walked in those shoes. I don't know if Gershon cares is apathetic or just a true jerk. He obviously is not concerned with what his patients think or he would read the posts and choke on them. The reviews are not crazy, they make sense and avoid name calling and flagrant insults. Common sense dictates that so many complaints can't all be flukes or the doc having a bad day. No, let your PCP know you can be treated like a mushroom for free at the US Post Office. The US is ranked #38 in healthcare around the world, yep, we are behind Costa Rica, and Iran. But we are #1 in costs of health care worldwide, by a factor of 2, proof that you don't always get what you pay for in an industry that gets paid when they are wrong. No other business could operate on such a model, neither can healthcare for much longer.

Dismissive and useless

I'm a heavy guy but I don't have any stank or wear any colognes or w/e he might object to, Maybe he's just one of those judgmental folks who has no empathy for over-weight persons as if it's all their fault and they choose to be the way they are. No one chooses obesity. My pain keeps me awake and I'm on disability. I was hurt in an accident at age 19 and now I'm 57. I worked for 20 years through the pain because no one could tell me what it was and they still can't. Gershon was arrogant and dismissive. I told him I wasn't looking for drugs but had used through-out my life because of this unceasing pain. I told him I jut want to do everything legitimately. Test showed I had stenosis in my neck and back and he prescribed the back brace and TENS unit like the other posters have said. He was not interested in the symptoms I was experiencing which were all on the left side of my body from foot to neck (nor the effect on my sleep cycle which keeps me a recluse). He said "I can only treat what I see" and that was a year ago. I've used the TENS and back brace but have gone back to the streets for something to help me sleep. He has a big sign that he was voted number one by the VA Pilot. Even my GP says he's dismissive and uncaring. At this point I don't care if I'm on drugs. My whole adult life is gone anyway and now I'm on crap Medicare no one wants. Don't bother with Gershon. He seems to be the kind of guy that only will help someone loaded in dough who will help pump up his name.

never a problem

I have been seeing the Gershon Pain Mangmt for a few years now--always prompt to give me quick appointment-usually see the wonderful P.A. who examines the situation and talks to the doctor--The Doctor has administered many pain injections and been gentle & kind. I don't see him in the office except for the first visit--he has retained the very same employees for years-how bad could he be-or do others have issues and complain-take the time to many don't to compliment- but few are quick to complain. evaluate for self!!

Yes the bad reviews are accurate. Took my Mom, Dr. basically made fun of her and embarrassed her, taking no time to discuss anything with her. Then told the P.A. to order all this stuff (back brace included) and shoved us out the door to the checkout area. I knew we weren't coming back, but said "we can't do any of this stuff until we see if it is covered by Medicare." Doctors usually find that out for you. They didn't. Then the next day the VENDORS of the products recommended called her to complete her order, and the doctor's office to set up more appts. Shouldn't you be measured for a back brace? Going to file a formal complaint with the State of Va licensing board, as soon as I can figure out who to complain to.

Beware of this man.

Upon 5 mins of waiting 20 mins. in waiting room, he said he didn't have time for me. Thereafter called Primary with to many lies to tell.

Uncaring doctor

Suffering from Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, etc., I went to him for about 6 months. He did not prescribe anything to help with the pain relief, spent very little time with me, didn't seem to care. He did have me set up with a TENS type unit, however the staff did not go through proper procedure to enable my insurance to approve the unit. Ultimately, the manufacturer gave me an ultimatum of paying several hundred dollars or return the unit. I returned the unit. Wait time for appointments was estremely long. Don't waste your time. I spent too much money to have that sort of disappointing doctor.

Dr. Steven L Gershon is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Virginia Beach, VA.