More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven B Glickfield has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Steven B Glickfield has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Steven B Glickfield has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Steven B Glickfield is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
My daughter is now 20-years-old, but Dr. Glickfield was her pediatrician when she was a baby. You know, back in the day when we still had HMO's and had little to no choice of which doctors we went to see and it took forever to change doctors. When she was 8-months-old, she became very ill: fever, slept 18-20 hours a day, digressed in her motor development, etc. Dr. Glickfield said, "and you are not happy with this?" and eventually diagnosed her with a low immune system. She was sick for 3 months. He did not order anything or want to do anything for her. I took her home to Memphis where a family friend and physician helped her. Fortunately, I kept all of her medical records for the past 20 years. I wanted to eventually find out what had happened to her. Turns out that when she was 8-months-old, she was having mini-strokes. Yes, mini-strokes and all he had to say when I took her to see him three times a week was, "and you're not happy with this?" He was referring to her sleeping a lot. She has built up scar tissue on her brain in the area that the "mini" strokes occur. It is also the same area that is affected by her learning disabilities. I am grateful that my daughter only has learning disabilities (dyslexia, severe dysgraphia, reading learning disability, and auditory processing disorder). Other than that, she is healthy. She has had difficulties during her childhood and early teen years with illnesses, due to the sickness as a child, but we thank the Lord that she is as healthy as she is now. This daughter is my youngest of four children, not my first child. This doctor is a disgrace to the medical profession. He made me feel as if I didn't know what I was doing as a mother and I was over reacting. If you are considering this doctor as a primary care physician for one of your children, please consider what happened to my daughter as something that could happen to you. I felt so incredibly helpless and thought I was going to lose my baby.
Dr. Glickfield is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Steven B Glickfield accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWest Bloomfield Pediatrics Pllc, 6400 Farmington Rd Ste 10, West Bloomfield, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven B Glickfield in this video.
Dr. Steven B Glickfield is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Bloomfield, MI.