Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven J Golombek
Dr. Steven J Golombek, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dover, NJ. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Rheumatology. Dr. Golombek is affiliated with Hackettstown Regional Medical Center. Dr. Golombek has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven J Golombek has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Showing 5 of 41
I saw him for unexplained periodic severe joint pains that recurred over a period of several years. He yawned throughout my visit. Insisted on injecting my shoulder for what he claimed was bursitis even though I told him the pain comes and goes. Told me my problem was old age. I have a new dr who diagnosed me with RA. Feeling much better. Would never recommend this dr.
Dr Golomnek visit was 5 minutes , no additional test for my condition poor diagnoses. Seem like he doesn't care about the patient. According to him I have Arthitis is nothing he can do to help me , I just have to wait until the condition get worse. Not recommended . I am looking for Arthritis specialis some one that really care about the patIent.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Golombek is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
New York Hospital
Dr. Steven J Golombek accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAllergy Asthma Arthritis Associates, 600 Mount Pleasant Ave Ste C, Dover, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven J Golombek in this video.
Dr. Steven J Golombek is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dover, NJ.