Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven B Goodman
Dr. Steven B Goodman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Luis Obispo, CA, with another office in San Luis Obispo, CA. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Goodman is affiliated with Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus and Sonora Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven B Goodman has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
I think the doctor and assistants are great. The front desk staff, good luck. From calling in for prescriptions, on hold time 20 min, referrals,..forget it. It takes them, and this is their own words, up to 10 days TO GET THE REFERRAL OFF THEIR DESK. Then you have to allow time for the insurance to process. THEY CAN'T GET THE REFERRAL RIGHT, I HAVE TO GO BACK AND TELL THEM THE CORRECT SIDE OF THE BODY. THIS HAS HAPPENED TWICE IN A ROW NOW. They will not let you talk to the doctor to tell him about how poorly the front office is run and the office manager could care less!
i called costco to get refills for lactulose they told me the prescribing doctor would take of the request. as it turns out peach street office did not get a request.the reseption told me they did not receive a request.she told me to Dr Nuyen for this from here on out i will call Dr Nuyen for all meds as i seem to be a bother. thank you.
The staff sucks! Maybe Dr.has too many patients. It takes a minimum of 10 days to get a refill. Then I get a different story from one of 3 rude ladies who work there, and I'm sure they are overworked. But hire some efficient employees and I may stay... looking for other Dr. And I hate to say this but THIS is your reputation. So sad.
Dr. Goodman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center
Dr. Steven B Goodman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net CA Primary EPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Steven B Goodman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Luis Obispo, CA.