Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven J Gruber has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Steven J Gruber has the following 7 expertise
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Renal Disease
Dr. Steven J Gruber is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I find Dr. Gruber to be a highly competent and professional physician with a friendly, and informative bedside manner. I would gladly recommend him to family and friends.
The doctor did not allow me to ask questions and was dismissive, he has a cut and dry manner and while I was in waiting area I heard him inquire multiple times if a patient had paid their co-payment or had insurance. He spoke to the office staff like they were ignorant and kept talking over the receptionist while they were on the phone while they were scheduling appointments. He also interrupted the staff several times while they were helping patients in the waiting area as if they were invisible. He talked over them and the office staff. I called him several times for my results and was forced to schedule a follow up to discuss them. I had my primary request the results and will not be going back to this rude man. I would not recommend this doctor.
Dr. Gruber is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Newcastle
Graduated in 1984
University Of Maryland Medical System
Dr. Steven J Gruber accepts the following insurance providers.
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & DirectionsBeth Israel Medical Center, 350 E 17th St, New York, NY
Dr. Steven J Gruber is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.