Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven H Cohen
Dr. Steven H Cohen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Milwaukee, WI. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Allergy & Immunology. Dr. Cohen is affiliated with Aurora West Allis Medical Center and Children's Hospital of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Campus. Dr. Cohen has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven H Cohen has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Allergy & Immunology
Dr. Steven H Cohen has the following 17 expertise
- Sino-Nasal Disorders
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Food Allergies
- Watery Eyes
- Hay Fever
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Hereditary Angioedema
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Insect Bites and Stings
Dr. Steven H Cohen is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I had been seeing another allergist for many years â he had me on many medications and allergy shots, and continued to add them when I told him that my symptoms still werenât controlled. When I visited Dr. Cohen for the first time, I was immediately impressed with how much time he took with me, and how he listened to what I was describing. Such a change from the quick two-minute visits Iâd had with the other allergist! Instead of continuing to add medications and treatments, Dr. Cohen took me off of several. My allergy symptoms are much improved. I also was happy with how easy it was to make an appointment, and with the cheerful and competent staff.
basically indicated that some Dr's will attempt to run excessive tests and thus charge those amounts. Most allergists will run upto 40 tests. In case it was over 72 tests. I doubt I will ever go back to this Dr, and I would always recommend everyone going to him to make sure they try to figure out how much he is going to charge by asking him to provide billing codes. I am very dissapointed in both him and his supporting staff.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Cohen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Dr. Steven H Cohen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem WI Blue Priority X Indiv DirectAccess
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Network Health Plan
- Network Health Plan HMO POS
- Network Health Plan Individual
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsAllergic Diseases Service Corp, 11121 W Oklahoma Ave, Milwaukee, WI
Dr. Steven H Cohen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Milwaukee, WI.