Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven J Halter has the following 1 specialty
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Halter was very thorough and attentive to everything involved in my father's care. He was very conscious of my dad's overall health and that is commendable. We didn't have to worry about follow up surgeries, Dr. Halter was able to get everything taken care of without going in and opening my dad back up. Thank you for taking such great care of your patients!
During the family's first consultation visit, Dr Halter talked in circles and misled us to believe the cancer was not a serious issue that could even possibly be treated with a pill. We feel that we have a right to ask any questions or express any concerns to him without being made to feel like idiots. None of us have a medical degree, however, we are concerned about the health of our mother and feel that we deserve the respect of Dr. Halter without the sarcastic and condescending remarks that we have experienced from him. Clearly, a person in the medical field will have to deal with people and families in a stressful situation and it would be very beneficial to your health establishment to convey this to Dr. Halter. Cancer is a very serious and scary subject for the entire family and the family deserves to be treated with dignity and respect, not belittled. We have waited hours at the hospital to try to catch him making his rounds so that we can talk to him. It would be nice to be given a time frame instead of waiting from 6:00 a.m. until he makes his rounds. We understand that he may not be able to give a specific time, but surely he could narrow it down to morning, afternoon or night. Much more could be said and you should be prepared to find answers on your own if he is your doctor.
17 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Steven J Halter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- PHCS PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsChi Saint Vincent Clinic General Surgery, 1 Mercy Ln Ste 201, Hot Springs National Park, AR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven J Halter in this video.
Dr. Steven J Halter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hot Springs National Park, AR.