Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Steven C Hatch has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Steven C Hatch has the following 7 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
Dr. Steven C Hatch has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 3
This appointment was scheduled by the infectious disease team prior to leaving the hospital. My 84 year old Mom was admitted with a ruptured gallbladder, hence the infection. We arrived 10 minutes before scheduled appointment and after waiting 30 minutes Dr. Hatch came out and apologized for running late. He then said "I am now going to lunch." Fifteen minutes later the medical assistant came out and weighed my Mom and brought us into a room. We waited another 15 minutes and then a medical student class 2016 came into the room and spoke to us and looked at her pic line and drain. She left the room after 10 minutes and we waited another 10 minutes for Steven Hatch M.D. After explaining to the doctor that the VNA was not coming to house today and that they left her drain to be emptied by him and also the flush he was taken aback. He said that he didn't do this. I said "what is the point of us being here?" He said "when there is a pic line that always needs to be checked." He never looked at this once. He said he needed to consult with someone else and left the room. After 10 minutes he came back and said he spoke to one of his colleagues and they decided to call the VNA and tell them they needed to come to my Mom's house and care for her drain. He also said we were being passes around like a "hot potato" and should have seen the doctor that saw her in the hospital. This was not a pleasant experience.
Dr. Hatch is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Steven C Hatch accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUmass Memorial Medical Group, 55 Lake Ave N, Worcester, MA
Dr. Steven C Hatch is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Worcester, MA.