Dr. Steven Hattrup Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Steven Hattrup?

Excellent shoulder surgeon

Posted on April 20th, 2017

Both bicep tendons reattached/repaired. Obtained full recovery and range of motion with a very difficult repair.

Excellent Dr. and staff

Posted on November 2nd, 2016

Had shoulder surgery. Had the best care ever with Dr. Hattrup and everyone on his staff. Everyone was very friendly, caring and professional. I would highly recommend him, although it takes awhile to get in to see him, it was well worth it.

Good quality surgeon

Posted on March 14th, 2015

PA is pretty cold. Doc doesn't talk much but gets the job done.

Search no further, Dr. Hattrup is who you are looking for!

Posted on July 26th, 2011

I needed total shoulder replacement and even though Mayo Clinic and Dr. Hattrup were out of network for my insurance, they came highly recommended. I couldn't be happier with the pre-operative appointments, the care on the morning of surgery, the hopsital experience, and the recuperation afterwards. My shoulder operation was TOTALLY pain free and I have not had one moment of pain since. It is a mircle, since I had barely been able to use my arm for years because of bone on bone arthritis. Now I can reach over my head without even thinking about it. The operation was 12 weeks ago and I am completely satisfied with Dr. Hattrup and my new shoulder. I highly recommend him.

Fanatastic surgeon

Posted on April 8th, 2010

I had a major problem with my shoulder from a fall down some stairs where I broke and dislocated my shoulder. After 2 other surgeries (other Dr's of course) and 6 months of PT I could not lift my hand beyond the top of my head. I went to see Dr. Hattrup on the recommendation of another PT patient (retired Dr.) and he said he could solve the problem *move my arm and get rid of the pain) with no problem.Well he wasn't kidding, I felt better an hour after surgery then I had for 6 months. I am totally pain free, and my shoulder movement is about 95%. I cannot bowl (cannot quite get that far back) but that's about it. I can do anything else I used to do and the PT time was short. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Hattrup to anyone seeking a top drawer ortho. Mayo is also a GREAT hospital, would not go anywhere else if I could help it.

May be a good surgeon but Beside manner needs improvement

Posted on September 3rd, 2009

It's difficult to determine how competent Dr. Hattrup is because the time spent with me (the patient) was so short. He talked at me, not to me. When I asked a question, it seemed to be more of an annoyance than legitimate. After I left his office, I felt quite disconcerned because I had gone to him for major orthopedic surgery, already a serious health issue, but found no additional information nor seemingly caring from this physican.

Posted on October 9th, 2017