Dr. Steven B Hefter Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Steven B Hefter?

He's a fraud and has had his practice revoked

Be very careful ! This dr has short man syndrome and is very rude ! He's a fraud and his ex wife Heide lies and never calls you back ! He's rude and he screams at you and put it frankly he's an butt o !

Just happy he could help

Before I met Dr. Hefter I was in a very downward spiral. He really did help get my life on track through his program. I think he gets frustrated when he sees so many people trying to take advantage of the system that is suppose to help us.

Great and friendly Doctor

Doctor Hefter I'm pretty sure saved my life with his life group recovery program. I am a pretty young person (24) and got my life off track. He really encourage me to get clean and take control of my actions. I definitely recommend, but you have to put in the work. All the negative reviews are probably patients he has kicked out as he has very little tolerance for people just trying to score free drugs. Oh Heidi also worked with me in getting my insurance to cover the medicine as I really don't have much money

Awesome Doctor

Really nice and friendly. Very experienced. His program is tough- but life group recovery really helped me get clean which is exactly what i needed. You really get out what you put in. You have to be willing to take the iniative. Dr. Hefter gets mad because he actually cares. Highly recommend.

I really like him. I wished I new where he was practice at now cause I would go back to him.

Avoid the noid

He's paranoid! Thinks all patients are out to get 1 over on him. I did nothing wrong and after verbally attacking me he eventually had to admit that I wS right! Then he said it didn't matter because the government wouldn't see it that way. Whatever - on to greener pastures.

Trying to get off suboxone. This clinic keeps writing writing the script and will not discuss taking me off it. As I continue to pay them money

Medical Assistant

Very interesting reading the reviews on Dr. Hefter. I can pick out the patients that either did not want to follow the rules of the program, did not get what they expected (enough medications to take & enough to sell) or were kicked out of the program for non-compliance & brought their complaints here in an effort to make their own failure justifiable. Yes, he does have high expectations if you wish to remain in his program. No, he does NOT have over the allowed # of patients that is monitored by the DEA. Yes, he can be difficult & he can be temperamental. Having his ex-wife work with him is a huge downfall for him & one he hopefully will let go of soon. Yes, his license was revoked in WV where he was practicing cardiology but not for the reasons stated in the reviews here. Why go from Cardiology to treating addiction patients? Because he is saving lives one person at a time & it is what he WANTS to do. How do I know all of the TRUE details of his practice? I have worked for him, not once but twice. I believe in what he does, was in the field of addiction management long before he became certified to prescribe Suboxone & know his desire to help save lives of patient's addicted to opiates. I have seen a side of this doctor that many will never see. I have seen him literally go out of his way 24/7 to help a patient in need. Yes, I have also seen him have a bad day & he is human... he does at times allow his bad day to come across negatively towards his patient's but a majority of those times, it is because his patients don't want to help HIM help THEM. Read these reviews just as you would any other. Restaurants, hotels, etc... everyone has different tastes, likes and dislikes. If you don't like the taste of your meal, don't eat at the restaurant again. If you don't like the hotel you stayed at, don't stay there again. If you don't like the care you received for whatever reason, find you another doctor that will fit your needs better. Simple as that.

Dr. Hefter is a Life Saver

I found Dr. Hefter and his staff extremely helpful, and I am glad I decided to see him. I was worried after reading some of the bad reviews, but my experience with Dr. Hefter was great! If you are REALY wanting to make a change and need help with opiate addiction, Dr. Hefter is absolutely wonderful. He spent a very long time with me explaining suboxone treatment, and told me everything I should expect. I now believe all the bad reviews were from patients that have been kicked out. If you take the medication like he tells you, and stay clean, then he is super supportive and you can tell he wants the best for patients that truly want a lifestyle change. I definitely recommend Dr. Hefter, he saved my life.

Prospective patient trying to get help...

I have called several times today to try to make an appt and keep getting a very disrespectful receptionist named HEIDI. Word to the wise...just dont even bother with this office. I am ashamed to admit why I needed the help but it could have been the difference between life and death. I have an opiod problem and I am close to the point of overdosing with the amount I am taking. I just wanted some help and she said she couldnt help me after she previously told me she would call me back. I hope she doesn't drive someone else over the edge because she did me. Thanks alot. I hope you can live with yourself!!!!

Strange...

This is really odd... You have one half who say he stinx & the other 1/2 saying he's pretty good or awesome. I assume that the neg reviews are from people he kicked out. Well, playing games with life and death ain't no joking matter. I was dying from my pill habit when I called his Anniston office. They got me in the very next day. I haven't ate 1 pill since that day. He spends at least 15 or 20 mins w/ me at my appointment even tho it is almost always has to be interupted because there is some idiot in the lobby that has lost his meds or had a scrip canx'd because their pee had zanax in it. He can come across as a ____ but I credit that 2 him not having time for people that ain't serious bout staying clean and are just lookin for something to do when they don't have it. And to whoever said the thing about meds on a brick you're dumb. He orders it that way so it'll be less expensive. Good lord! You try to make it sound like he has drug. That's takin it a bit far!

I can see why some of the reviews are negative. He can come off as arrogant and I've seen him in what I would say was losing his temper. On the flip side he is knowledgeable and takes a good deal of time with you if need be. Once you establish some common ground with him he's not that bad. His staff are all nice and courteous but not always professional. I'm not easily offended but if you are this office probably isn't for you. If you are in opiate addiction he offers the one thing that really works and no matter his demeanor he's saving lives and making a difference as a result.