Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven Henson
Dr. Steven Henson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Wichita, KS, with other offices in Salina, KS and Wichita, KS . He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine. Dr. Henson is affiliated with Salina Regional Health Center. Dr. Henson has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven Henson has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Showing 5 of 38
While statistics show that 100 Million Americans suffer from Chronic Pain and 80% of doctor visits are for pain of some source, how is it that more physicians are not caring and attentive like Dr. Henson? He has cared for three different generations now in my family and I will forever be grateful for his compassion and skill at communication!
When I went to Dr. Henson in the ER, he showed compassion for me despite a nurse labeling me as a drug abuser. I didn't ask for Crohn's Disease which eats you alive from the inside out. After he left the ER, Dr. Henson was then able to get me onto SubOxone to wean me from the opiates my surgeon treated me with. Now, I'm down to 2.0/0.5 twice daily and I'm back in College and working full time as well. If only all Doctors could see patients like me as individuals. Dr. Henson saved me as my only other option was suicide with the chronic pain.
Dr. Henson is very courteous and understanding when he sees patients. He is always on time and never makes one feel as if they are rushed. He takes the necessary time to both examine me and hear my concerns before rendering care. I have never found a physician like him that is so accommodating and compassionate. He is a gift to the Medical Profession and an extension of God's Healing Hand.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Henson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Salina Regional Health Center
24 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven Henson in this video.
Dr. Steven Henson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wichita, KS.