Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Steven Hockstein has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Steven Hockstein has the following 16 expertise
- Uterine Cervical Dysplasia
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Induced Hypothermia
- Menstrual Pain
- C-Section (Cesarean Section)
- Breast Exam
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
Showing 5 of 28
Words can't described how disappointed I was with him. He was recommended by someone I knew plus the good name of NYP. I have long history of miscarriage plus advanced age. I have spoken to him regarding all these issues before I made appointment with him. During the first visit, he seemed to be very nice in person with good bedside manner. He suggested tons of genetic tests which we agreed. However, he didn't explain the steps and times of those tests need to be done. Long story short, his nurse didn't draw blood for the Beta HCG or progesterone level to confirm my pregnancy, instead she drew 9 tubes of my blood to test those genetic abnormalities that should be done during second trimester. As the result, when I started spotting over the weekend, I didn't even have basic pregnancy lab results to confirm whether the pregnancy is viable or not. This is basic protocol and care. If they can't get those basic done right, you should not trust them with your precious ones. I am changing doctor if the spotting will stop. One positive note: the on call female doctor in the office answered my page promptly and ordered my basic pregnancy lab with the local lab.
I researched Dr. Hocksteins reviews and knew someone who was under his care during her pregnancy and all looked good. Long story short after going through a long pregnancy someone missed something on my ultrasound and I ended up with still born babies. He seemed like a good doctor but I wouldn't rec commend him to anyone I know
all i can said about doctor hockstein he's one of the best doctor feel really comfortable with him...he's very professional always make sure to explain any process to the patient .. he's wasn't my ob but when i saw the way he treat he's patient i decided to stay at my ob dr steve hockstein
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
25 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Steven Hockstein accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven Hockstein, MD - Gynecology in New York, NY, in this video.
Dr. Steven Hockstein is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New York, NY.