Dr. Steven J Bock Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Steven J Bock?

Saved my Life

Dr Bock performed gastric bypass on me many years ago, even though many of the other doctors thought I was not a good candidate for the surgery. I weighed 350 lbs and really didn't have much longer to live. After the surgery I have lost close to 200 lbs and have kept it off...needless to say, I'm still alive. Dr Bock saved my life!

The guy is taking full economic advantage of lyme sufferers..

I saw many different types of doctors: including Lyme specialists and infectious disease doctors, went through many medical tests, a couple of hospital stays and was told by many doctors "its all in your head", "its anxiety" and "babesia doesn't exist in the US". It took going to see Dr. Bock to get an accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment for Lyme and Babesia. He knows what he is doing.

The best LLMDS.

Dr. Bock was on cutting edge of treating chronic lyme disease in the 90s when I was a patient. .I move to Georgia and my lyme got so bad (no LLMDs. Here in Georgia ) but had to move to a warm area ..

Dr. Bock saved my life.

Mrs.

I would recommend Dr. Bock for treatment of Lyme disease. I believe he is very knowledgable on the subject and a year later I can say I am 90% better than when I started with him. Dr. Bock was very thorough and did listen, has a good bedside manner. I agree with other reviews that his expertise is expensive! It is very difficult in this day and age to make ends meet and when you can't rely on your medical insurance to help - It's rough. The doctor ordered A LOT of blood work and various tests be done in the beginning and I am not convinced that it was necessary? Like 10,000.00 dollars worth of blood work. I also agree that his nurse, while she may be knowledgable, does NOThave the personality for the job. I always felt like I was a bother to her and she was very snotty and rude. I never felt like she really cared about my health or well being. I do not like his nurse at all. The other staff memebers were always patient and kind with me both in person and on the phone. Over all it was a positive experience and good treatment. I would go to him again if needed

Success for three family members...

In 1996, Dr. Bock was the only doc I could find who was truly knowledgeable about lyme and as an integrative MD, he looks at all body systems, doesn't just throw antibiotics at you. He also is educated in alternative treatments. I am one of the few people I know who got well and stayed well. He also treated my daughter when the pediatrician had no idea what he was doing, including not knowing how to read the western blot. My son has been in treatment for nearly two years and is now well enough to study abroad. Yes, the initial appointment is expensive, but half the cost of the LLMD the next town over and it is very, very comprehensive. You need to also take responsibility for your own health and advocate for yourself about symptoms, ideas, your own research and discuss. It is an ongoing dialogue in which Dr. Bock listens, engages and does his best to find the best treatment in your individual case. And you can file receipts and get partially reimbursed for visits.

Dr Steven Bock is a really intelligent professional doctor. He listens to your input and is willing to discuss options for treating your condition.Receiving a call back from his nursing staff is another matter. When asked to call and "report" there is never a response to your answering machine message.Getting a script called into a pharmacy is somewhat like pulling teeth.It is so frustrating.Perhaps another person is needed just for call backs and calling the pharmacies for prescriptions needed by patients.Going without ones medication because there is not enough staff is dangerous.

Doctor correctly diagnoses health problem. Treats the entire person, not just the symptoms. Doctor does not clarify treatment plan approach. Does not give patient explanations of test results, significance of disease that is diagnosed or the disease's ramifications. Does not explain the reason for using supplements. Doctor is friendly, courteous, polite, and extremely knowledgeable. Integrates many different treatment methods to attain a positive outcome for a patient. Follow up is the patient's responsibility because they are expected to be a participant in their own medical care. Nursing staff and receptionists are polite and courteous in the office setting. However, a rating of poor is given because contact via phone for nurses or doctor is virtually non existent. The phone call is always routed to an answer machine. A patient can wait days for a reply to their inquiry, if they receive a response at all. If a serious health problem arises, it is best to go to an emergency room rather than wait for a reply from the office staff. It is nice that there is a store available to allow the patient easy access to high quality nutriceuticals at reasonable prices. The supplements are well researched and very helpful at managing certain aspects of diseases, controlling symptoms and improving health.

Not the best experience for me...

Dr. Bock took on my case of very odd symptoms when no other doctor was willing; however, he does not take health insurance, and after paying around $300 per visit (first was over $700), I feel he is throwing different meds at me, with no regard to my (sometimes severe) side-effects. When I do call the office with a problem, the nurse is cold and abrupt, the communication is minimal and I sometimes do not hear back for over 4 days. (Robotic comes to mind in her way of speaking). The last med I was on was the last straw for me, it caused debilitating side effects, and when the nurse (not the doctor) finally got back to me, I was told to cease the medication, with no further instruction from the doctor. I am unable to get an appointment for another 6 weeks. I am done with him, it looks like I will just keep getting sicker. He "prescribes" various expensive holistic medications from his convenient brand from his healthcenter, that have debatable efficacy. He is limited on feedback during the office visit, and I often felt completely in the dark...he spends the whole visit taking notes, then leaves the room and the nurse comes in and tells you what your directions are. Poor bedside manner if you like communication, or just like to know what's going on with your treatment. *side note-I saw Dr Bock at his Albany, NY office on Wednesdays, I live 3 hours from his regular office. However, I did have a great deal of phone contact with his main office, of which any positive aspect from his nursing staff was severely lacking. I think he immediately diagnosed me with lyme disease, as that is his specialty, and when treatment stopped working, he started a guessing game with very dangerous meds. Unless you know you really have Lyme, find someone else.