Dr. Steven L Jensen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Steven L Jensen?

Repeat Patient

I like him as a person, he has a good sence of humor and he's a very knowledgable accomplished doctor.. He does slightly over book but much of the long wait is because he's a surgeon and frequently gets called in for emergencies, putting everyones appointment behind schedule, and then when he can he'll make the time spent with patient as short as possible, but when needed he'll take his time. I've learned when you're seeing any specialist that's a surgeon and one of the best in the area you have to put up with long wait times. I don't enjoy it but it's a fact of the profession

Extremely unhappy

EXTREMELY long waits, only to spend 3 minutes in the room. No procedures were explained, no plan explained to me. Went out to the front office to find out I was being scheduled for ultrasounds, x-rays, blood tests. When I asked "what for", no one could tell me. "We don't know, we just schedule what he tells us to". Went back for results of all these things, and was told everything is normal. Ok, great....now what. Oh, here's a prescription, come back in 6 weeks. Before I could ask.....Why? What's this for? Are there side effects? What are you treating me for? What was my PSA?.....he was gone. Poof! Sprinting down the hall, dictating into his recorder, with no desire to answer a single question. Well guess what...POOF! I'm no longer seeing him. DO NOT SEE THIS DR!! I wish there were options for "0" stars.

The good and the bad

Dr. Jensen knows his stuff what he does not know is what its like to be his patient. Waiting three house in the waiting room and an other hour in the exam room is un-excusable and a shame to his profession. I can guarantee you he would throw a fit if he had to wait 3 hours to Tee off at the local country club . When you finally get to see him be sure to bind him in duct tape so he has to answer your question or he well soon be gone.

Excellent!

Very compassionate and understanding, with a refreshing sense of humor. Took the time to listen and to talk to me about my medical issues. He made it easy for me to talk to him. He truly is an expert, and the best, at what he does and I felt comfortable placing my life in his hands. Everything went exactly as he told me they would. My surgery went perfectly and I am cancer free! After surgery he took the time to talk to my husband to inform him of exactly how things went. He kept asking my husband if he had any questions, but he didn't because Dr. Jensen was so thorough in explaining things to him. Yes, there is a long wait for scheduled appointments. However, he is the only one who specializes in robotic surgeries and other services in his field. I would rather wait for the best than to have a minimal wait for someone less knowledgeable, or to have to drive a long distance for another doctor, or for him to tell me he couldn't take me as a patient because he has too many patients. He puts in a lot of hours and provides round the clock care for his patients and for emergencies or surgeries at the hospitals in a wide range in this area. I feel people should be more understanding. You know you are going to have a long wait for your appointment because you are not his only patient, so take something to read or to do. Is your life worth the wait?

I was very frustrated with the wait time for the appointment. I waited with a very nervous preteen for 2 hours, and then after a very quick, awkward exam with seemingly little concern for my son's feelings, we were told he needed surgery and someone would call. There was no explanation of the procedure needed. Considering how important this is, I would have liked more explanation and compassion.

Run while you can.

He is arrogant and rude with a very poor bedside manner, keeps people waiting over 2 hours and does not even apologize. He is very rough and does not let you know when something is going to hurt or be uncomfortable. Neither he nor his staff gives any education regarding procedures or medical conditions. One of his staff actually told me the doctor would be going through my vagina to reach my bladder, which is impossible. He has not even looked me in the eye or called me by name. He ordered several tests/procedures and did not even tell me or discuss it with me. I found out from his office staff. I will not be doing those because I am not going back to him. I just got stuck with him because he was on call when I was in the emergency room. He is very condescending, and I would bet money that he has never had kidney stones.

Don't waste your time

Does not listen to the patient, very quick and unprofessional. Showed up late to the office and had a waiting room so full people were standing. Very unprofessional would not recommend him to my enemy let alone friends or family.

Dr. Jensen will admit to his bed side manner, however dr. Jensen knows what he is talking about and very accurate with his diagnosis and is a straight shooter with information even when it isn't what you want to hear. He is a very wise doctor that I would trust again hands down!

Terible

Had to wait two hours he's arrogant

This guy will be late to his own funeral. Clearly does not care about anyone except himself. Beside manner is horrible. After waiting nearly two hours, he walked into the room, spent less than 30 seconds with me and left. His staff were unfriendly and acted like we created an inconvenience by being there. Heard good things about Dr Witzke in Midland and will try to get next apt with her. Stay away from this place!

Very knowledgeable about my cancer and all the different options. Spent all the time that I needed even though he had other patients waiting. I am doing great because of his hard work and dedication.

Take your lunch and a good book to the waiting room, he way over books his appointments. He seems to be rushed all the time. You need to request to see him or most likely you will see an associate. He is a good doctor I trust him with my family.