Dr. Steven Kahn Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Steven Kahn?

Horrible

Posted on June 6th, 2016

Please do not see this dr. I really really cannot recommend enough. I was on 6mg of xanax and have cooperated with him by tapering down by 1mg every single week and yet he is STILL giving me a hard time. I have a hard work schedule and work 12 hour shifts and sometimes I can't make it. This week I'm supposed to be down to 2mg a day and I'm fine with that. I have side effects such as shaking and nausea and feeling anxious but I know I need to get off this drug. I told him I am going to need it filled once a week because of these things and because I have seizures. Most doctors don't see you maybe once every one or two months. He needs to see me like every two weeks and he is VERY hostile to me as I remain calm and nice and even called him and thanked him that he is getting me off this drug and his response was "can we talk later? I am at a gathering?" No compassion in his voice whatsoever. I feel cheated and not cared for AT ALL in the slightest. He is the only doctor who has made me feel completely alone on this hard journey I am on and I wish I could write this on many other sites. If you are looking for listening and compassion, even if it is just a 15 min visit, do not see him. Now I may risk losing my job because he won't prescribe my 2mg from my SIX mg bc I can't see him. I cannot drive without atleast 1mg in my system because I have grand mal seizures and he knows this and doesn't care and tells me to go to the emergency room. I have not filled anything early; everything is on time. If I go to the emergency room, they tell me to call my dr. It is absolutely horrible. He has put me in the worst predicaments when all I've tried to be is nice and cooperative and it's been a very hard journey for me. Xanax is not easy to get off of but I want to and am doing all the work. So I'm basically only keeping him until I find another dr which is So HARD because all these drs are "not accepting new patients " and I might end up in the hospital for weeks on end and lose my job because of this. All because I am cooperating and he can't be understanding and do the same. Pls don't see him. :( I'm begging you. Dont give him money out of your pockets if he treats people like this. It horrifies me and depressed me to the upmost.

Posted on May 17th, 2016

I walked out of his office crying my eyes out. He could care less about your feelings and more about his money. He did not even take the time to address my feelings as I am suicidal, mom is suicidal and my dad just had a stroke and I'm feeling like I'm losing him. At this time, he decided to drop my dosage of my meds down TREMENDOUSLY in such a short amount of time with no care for my feelings. I am now feeling lost, empty and looking for a new doctor as I know I will be off of my meds, having shakes and terrible withdrawal on top of being suicidal and severely depressed. I do not recommend seeing him if you truly want care and comfort.

Posted on April 15th, 2016

Dr Kahn is amazing doctor he helps me out truly ...very satisfied with how he handles his operation and the staff members are always so courteous...

See anyone but this guy

Posted on February 6th, 2016

Does not call if he cancels appointment. Instead, leaves note on door. Is not concerned if you spent money on a ride. No handicapped parking or access. Very unprofessional. Not concerned with patients, only money.

Refused to renew an antidepressant

Posted on January 6th, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Kahn's for 8 years, and for the majority of that time I have found him to be professional but he has no personality and is very serious. However, based on my experience this past week, I am very disappointed in him and feel he is irresponsible and unavailable. I ran out of my Effexor which is an antidepressant well known for having serious withdrawal symptoms. My pharmacy faxed him no less than 10 times, and I Called his office three times. He refused to fill the prescription because he incorrectly believes I already have a script for Effexor. I don't and I'm out and feeling the side effects of withdrawal. I have no reason to lie about not having the script. Effexor is not a controlled substance, you don't get hugh from it not is it abused or sold on the street. So why won't Dr. Kahn believe me that I don't have any Effexor? I am going to file a formal complaint against him for medical malpractice and send the complaint to DPH and the Attorney General. Don't use this doctor.

Posted on April 16th, 2015

Dr. Kahn always listen and NEVER EVER CHANGED...MEDS. when I started with him.

Posted on March 17th, 2015

Dr Kahn is a caring dr. He spends time with you and asks questions. Very professional. I would highly recommend this dr.

Posted on February 5th, 2015

Doctor is excellent the staff is amazing ....

Not pleased with this practice.

Posted on December 21st, 2014

Fifteen minutes for med management turned into 5 minutes and after 5 years leveled off to no more than 10 minutes. Like another patient noted, glanced at his watch often. My last straw was when I received a letter threatening legal action if I didn't pay the $40 that was incorrectly billed by the woman in his office. Along with that letter, I was informed that Dr. Kahn would not see me until the $40 was paid. I was disheartened.

Extremely unhelpful and made numerous unnecessary appointments.

Posted on June 4th, 2014

Dr. Kahn was someone I initially began seeing around when I was experiencing severe anxiety issues that were work related. I initially began seeing Dr. Kahn and he stated that based on his professional opinion I would not be able to return to work due to my level of anxiety which was directly related to my work place and the environment. I eventually was no longer working and he stated that he would need to continue to evaluate me on a regular basis in order to determine what was happening and if it was a permanent issue with work. While I was not insured through my employer for a period of a couple months he made numerous unnecessary appts with him stating it was due to my level of anxiety and stress from work and my situation which was a high profile situation within the immediate area. I had a credit for copays which he charged when I had no copays, I then had to pay out of pocket and also paid him cash and a check which I had a cancelled check and receipt for. I disputed the amount owed based upon my credit and amount paid yet he and his secretary originally had no record of the payment until I informed them of it. The office then claimed that it was included into the whole balance and my amount owed was still the same. Dr. Kahn at this point then stated that in his professional opinion he wasn't capable of rendering any decision with my anxiety being related to work or if it was permanent or not based upon work. These were the reasons he initially began to see me and the reasons why he saw me more frequently then needed to prescribe my medications. He made these appointments only to then state he couldn't make a professional opinion. He is extremely unprofessional and only pushes meds and appointments for his benefit. Since it no longer benefits him and he must actually use his degree to render a professional opinion he all of a sudden can not make an opinion. If that is the case then he should not hold his doctorate degree in my opinion. I would not recommend him to anyone and I am not the only person whom he has done something similar to. I am aware of one other person as well in which he did similar antics towards. Beware of this DR. And please look elsewhere for someone else who will take your needs and well being into consideration instead of his own financial well being into consideration.

Excellent experience

Posted on April 30th, 2014

Dr. Kahn answers all of my questions and addresses my concerns. I am never rushed and there is genuine thought and concern on what will help me most. There is rarely any wait time, and if there is it is always brief; under five minutes. I've waited at different doctor's offices for at least an hour each visit for a fifteen minute appointment! I stayed with those doctors out of fear of changing to a worse one. I have been a patient for two years and I'm glad I finally found a great doctor!

Not a good experience at all

Posted on July 16th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Kahn for several years. He has really done nothing but push med after med, without taking into consideration that I have no health insurance. Some of the meds he has pushed are just too expensive. He rarely gives any decent reasoning for his prescriptions, sometimes his choices seem random. In addition to the meds, if he is 5 minutes late to take me in for a 15 minute appointment, he'll try to rush me out after 10 minutes as if it was my fault - constantly staring at the clock. He really has no "bedside manner" whatsoever, and does not take an interest in me as an individual patient with individual needs or issues. The only person in his office with a worse attitude towards the patient is his secretary, who is almost always needlessly hostile on the phone, if you can even get her on the phone.