Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven Keenholtz
Dr. Steven Keenholtz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Danvers, MA, with another office in Danvers, MA. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Keenholtz is affiliated with NSMC - Salem Hospital, Beverly Hospital and BayRidge Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven Keenholtz has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
- Lyme Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
I've been using this office for 25 years, mostly with Dr. Tom LaPine, when it was North Shore Primary Care. I had my first physcial with Dr. Keenholtz a few weeks ago. The doctor took a generous amount of time reviewing and updating my history, and made me feel comfortable the entire time. I was seen almost immediately to get the process started. The nurse (male) was efficient, somewhat business-like but that's OK. The only thing they missed was ensuring I knew where and when to get my blook work done; but upon calling back they provided clear instructions and multiple options.
Dr. Keenholtz rushed through my appointment, the nurse was nice but the front desk staff was abrupt and unhelpful. I had a few questions that Dr. Keenholtz rushed me through and I still left unclear. I had to ask the nurse which shots I was getting before I got the vaccines because it wasn't communicated to me. Will find a new travel clinic.
Just tried to call for an appointment. Grant it I havnt been to doctor in a long time. Told her I'm sick and not getting better. She told me they are not writing scripts for a cold. Nice to know she could diagnose me over the phone. Told me to take Advil cold and sinus and let it run its course. Is this what health care has become in America? Why do I pay insurance for?
Dr. Keenholtz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
NSMC - Salem Hospital
Addison Gilbert Hospital
North Shore Medical Center
Northeast Hospital Corp Inc Addison Gilbert
Addison Gilbert And Beverly Hospitals
Northeast Hospital Corporation
37 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Steven Keenholtz accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven Keenholtz in this video.
Dr. Steven Keenholtz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Danvers, MA.