Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven C Kessel has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Steven C Kessel has the following 12 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
Dr. Steven C Kessel has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Steven C Kessel is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Well, I hate to give this review about this doctor that I thought was the one...unfortunately he pretty much did a 360 after my first review. He assumed that I had Medicaid with united health and assumed before checking that his place still took united health but not the one with Medicaid...so, he pretty much was very rude and told me I could still see him but would have to pay out of pocket and immediately told me he would see me in a year...not right for someone with a medical heart valve ...called my insurance and verified that he made a unprofessional decision to boot me out...so if you don't have money, which it wasn't in my case and a mistake on his...he don't want to be bothered with you...very disappointing! Needless to say I never went back...so, I would like to recall my previous comments.
I have only been with Dr. Kessel for a few months, but find that he is a very kind doctor that doesn't just spend 5 minutes, but actually takes time to listen and actually care about You. Everyone in the office is very kind to each person that comes through the door and as I have watched them leave ...each one appears confident with the care they have received. I have sat in the waiting room only briefly to see the doctor, but have never seen anyone upset about anything....patients waiting all seem happy and the office makes you feel very welcomed. This gives me the confidence and assurance that I am getting the care that I may need or will need. My husband feels the same as I just left a cardiologist after 11 Yrs...I hated to make the switch and was scared, but I believe that I made the right decision ....I drive a long way to see Dr. Kessel and believe me it is worth it! I never felt that confidence with the other doctor's office or any other doctor's office. I even called after hours one time and spoke immediately with the on call doctor that didn't make you feel that you were not important or inconveniencing them. What a change of what I dealt with previously. If you are looking for a Real Doctor...You will find that person with Dr. Kessel and this office. I am happy that my husband cared enough to encourage me to make this change. Thank you ....thank you Dr. Kessel and staff!
23 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Steven C Kessel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana South Florida HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPalm Beach Cardiology Center, 3365 Burns Rd Ste 101, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Dr. Steven C Kessel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palm Beach Gardens, FL.