Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven B Kirschner has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Steven B Kirschner has the following 10 expertise
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Dr. Steven B Kirschner has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Steven B Kirschner is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dismissive. Talked down to me. Impossible to get in touch with. Call the office to ask questions, receptionist says he's with a patient and takes my info. I never hear from him. Have to go with her and she answers my questions. Not sure she is qualified to do so. Touched my stomach once and given "It's ONLY heartburn" like that's no big deal.
45 minute's of me filling out evemakestle piece of papers,, there are 6 that needs to be filled out & office wasn't staff of NO HELP. Seen Dr. First time spoke with me 5 minute's & asked me why I'm here. I told him to read the 6 page's of paperwork that took me 45 minute's to fill out. Then he tells me I'm to young at age 44 for colonoscopy to be done. I said read more because you will see my dad died at age 45 from colan cancer. I just found out that I have inflammation in my stomach and Susan at the office tells me there's nothing to worry about and she is very rude won't ever go there again and only reason of going to him is because of have family that works in the ER department with him but not for him. but I'm having problem's with my stomach and nothing to worry about and i called them almost a month after to find my results because there's nothing wrong with me. Day of surgery he told me that i had 1 polyp And told there are 2.
Dr. Steven B Kirschner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSteven Benjamin Kirschner Md, 1637 Mineral Spring Ave Ste 203, North Providence, RI
Dr. Steven B Kirschner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near North Providence, RI.