Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven W Kowalsky MD
Dr. Steven W Kowalsky has 3 locations
18100 Oakwood Blvd Ste 315
Dearborn, MI 48124
Dr. Steven W Kowalsky has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Steven W Kowalsky has the following 30 expertise
- Reproductive Sterilization
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Urologic Emergencies
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Kidney Stones
- Urethral Stricture
- Low-Level Laser Therapy
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- HPV Type 6 (Human Papillomavirus)
- Prostate Cancer
- Testicular Diseases
- Bladder Issues
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Electric Stimulation Therapy
- Testicular Hydrocele
- Prostate Inflammation (Prostatitis)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Balloon Dilatation
- Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Urinary Incontinence, Stress
Dr. Steven W Kowalsky is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I would highly recommend Dr. Kowalsky.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Steven W Kowalsky - Posted on August 21st, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Steven W Kowalsky - Posted on November 5th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Steven W Kowalsky - Posted on November 3rd, 2016
I have only seen Dr. Kowalsky three times since my previous Urologist retired, but I am very happy with the treatment I have received thus far. I have seen several Urologists over the years, and I must say Dr. Kowalsky has been the most attentive to my concerns. He takes the time to answer all of my questions. Dr. Kowalsky isn't quick to perform unnecessary tests. He is very courteous and easy to talk with.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Steven W Kowalsky - Posted on August 17th, 2015
Messed me up
Self-verified patient of Dr. Steven W Kowalsky - Posted on January 20th, 2012
Diagnosed problem and I trusted it.I needed a stent as informed. BUT when I went in for a stent, I was told I had a birth defect and stent could not be put in. At 50 years of age I figured I would know of a birth defect. He is the doctor so I trusted his word. What happened after the attempted insertion is where it went bad. I was hospitalized for 3 weeks with a severe infection Because of the damage done trying to put the stent in(remember it was a birth defect). Another doctor was called in and the stent was inserted. A month of off work. No I would not reccomend him
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
40 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1979
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Steven W Kowalsky Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven W Kowalsky, MD - Urology in Dearborn, MI, in this video.
Dr. Steven W Kowalsky is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Dearborn, MI.