Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven M Lamie has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Steven M Lamie has the following 10 expertise
- Cardiovascular Disease
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Weight Loss
Showing 4 of 4
I went in for a new patient physical. He never had me undress,,,never examined me other than to look in my ears and listen to my heart. I have a lot of ankle and hip pain, I told him, but he never examined them or looked at them. I felt like he was blowing me off. Not sure if he is what I want in a doctor. He seemed to have his own agenda, but when it comes to MY health, I really want it to be about ME. Also, I told him I had just had a colonoscopy and he ordered one anyway. I got four phone calls from some "digestive health associates" wanting to schedule it...and I JUST had one...I called the office and they acted like it was "no big deal" it kind of offended me...why couldn't they have just say "we are sorry and we will take care of it." He didn't do lab work, nothing...said to come back in 6 months. I had reports from a physical therapist from a badly torn rotator cuff and had them sent to him...he never looked at them and didn't seem interested. It just seemed like the only topic he was interested in was if I was "pre-diabetic" which is not a topic I am interested in. I have been told I am "pre-diabetic" for almost the last 30 years and my blood sugar never changes. I just was not impressed. I had such high hopes that he would be a good doctor for me...I was wrong.
Dr. Lamie is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Steven M Lamie accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
Locations & DirectionsThirlby Clinic, 3537 W Front St Ste I, Traverse City, MI
Dr. Steven M Lamie is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Traverse City, MI.