Dr. Steven Lancaster Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Steven Lancaster?

Knee surgery

Posted on May 16th, 2016

Knee surgery did not produce the results I was led to expect. Little improvement, if any.

Posted on April 5th, 2016

I've had knee issues for many years. Likewise I have seen many Doctors due to several relocation's. This guy is the real deal! He talks like a patient wants to be talked to, not like an over educated man trying to impress. As long as I am in the Jacksonville area, Dr. Lancaster will be the Orthopedic expert I will rely on for advice and assistance.

Terrible bedside manner

Posted on April 11th, 2013

Incredibly caring doctor

Posted on June 5th, 2012

Would highly recommend Dr. Lancaster. Is very well thought of in the community and with patients. Genuinely good hearted.

Would not recommend this doctor

Posted on July 26th, 2011

Dr. Lancaster who is one of several doctors at the Jacksonville Orthopedic Institute. I was referred to Dr. Lancaster by a neurologist to determine if my severe shoulder pain was due to an orthopedic matter other than the nerve issue identified by the neurologist. Out of the first two visits with Dr. Lancaster, he spent no more than 5 minutes with me explaining anything. I've had the problem for a year or more and had been struggling to work and function with over the counter pain medication. Prior to seeing Dr. Lancaster, I had only been prescribed some pain medication by my primary care physician once and by my neurologist once for approximately 2 to 3 months to assist with the pain and allow me to continue working while we worked on resolving the problem. Dr. Lancaster showed very little concern for my pain and only wrote a two week supply acting like I was just another drug addict looking to sell it or something. I called his assistant and expressed the need for a medication refill. This was after the imaging company had performed the MRI and caused me more pain. His assistant returned this call telling me I would just have to take over the counter medication which does no good, and would leave me in pain for 4 or 5 days until I had my pain management appt. Once I told the assistant that I felt this was wrong and I would be filing a complaint, Dr. Lancaster called me back almost immediately, told me the MRI was negative and that he was releasing me. He mentioned he did not need a patient that threatened him and his staff, which was not true at all. I feel he was very unprofessional in acting this releasing me with no regards for my pain until I could get to the appt with the pain management specialist that he referred me to. I feel his actions were totally uncalled for and will not recommend him to anyone.

Posted on July 25th, 2016