Dr. Steven Laporte Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Steven Laporte?

Steven is a great cardiologist and a good person.

Posted on August 31st, 2015

Knows his business. Candid, frank, honest and to the point. Pleasant personality, sense of humor and good patient rapport. But, he is a smart, educated, knowledgeable and at the forefront with newest and evolutionary technology. Good guy and a good OLD soul to boot.

Excellent Physician

Posted on October 2nd, 2012

Incorrect diagnosis

Posted on July 11th, 2012

Was referred to doc by nurse/prac. had an appointment the very next day. Complained of pain in left breast neck & sholder the pain was always accompanied w/ ear ache in left ear. Pain sometimes while just sitting, other times when walking.After about a 10 minute check up when ever I tried to add something he would stop me and said he was going to dictate to primary doc his findings. "There is nothing wrong with you heart, you have chest wall pain which is probably muscular/skeletal, have a stress test done and see me in 2 months". He was annoyed that for some reason his nurse did not know I was in the waiting room for my 9:30am apt and never called me back so doc said I now had thrown his whole day off because he didn't know I was there. Less than 2 weeks later after trying other methods of trying to get rid of the pain (advil etc.) I went back to nurse/practioner, was sent to Phoenixville hosp. for cardiac blood work, and blood work showed I had a heart attactk 7-10 days prior. I was then told to get a cath done and my family wanted me to be transferred to Paoli Hospital. After trying for serveral hours, Doc Laporte was the doc on call for that weekend and said if I was not at Paoli by 5pm I wouldn't get cathed until Tuesday (this was Friday) because it was Memorial day holiday weekend). When it became apparent that I would not be able to be transported to Paoli by 5pm, my family decided not to wait and a cardiologist came down from Pottstown and when the cath was done, I had 2 blocked arteries (80%) and a blood clot. Just thought Doc Laporte was verynegligent in his rush to mis-diagnose my condition and if I had not been taking baby asprin for the pain could have very well not survived. Even though my family and I thought Paoli Hospital had a much better reputation than Phoenixville or even Pottstown Hospitals, they were the ones who seemed to care and made sure I got the necessry treatment asap unlike Paoli Hospital's Doctor Laporte!!! Had to get this off my chest.

Posted on March 31st, 2011

Great doctor, the best I have ever have. Too bad he doesn't have the best staff. Usually they are pretty good, but not always....

Posted on October 27th, 2017