Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven A Lauter has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Steven A Lauter has the following 8 expertise
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Showing 5 of 23
When I was first referred to Dr. Lauter, he was written up as the Drs' Dr., Dr. Lauter turned out to be that and more. He correctly diagnosed all my condition and treated same successfully in their earliest stages. When referrals were necessary Dr. Lauter referred me to the best professionals. I have been seeing Dr. Lauter every 3 to 4 months for several years and have always found his bedside manner and professionalism above reproach. I consider the decision to see Dr. Lauter one of the better decisions I have made. I have referred family and friends to Dr. Lauter.
The best Dr. Ive ever had
I asked a lot of questions and Dr. Lauter seemed to resent this. He advised me to take medication counter-indicated for other medical conditions. He was not helpful at all nor did he seemed concerned. In my chart he indicated I'd gained weight when I've lost 25 pounds and stated my pain level was 2 out of 10 when he never asked my pain level. I've decided to find a new doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
47 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsSteven A Lauter Md, 4921 Parkview Pl Ste 5C, Saint Louis, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven A Lauter in this video.
Dr. Steven A Lauter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.