Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven C Lazaro has the following 3 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
He did my ECV because my usual doctor was away and my baby last minute turned breech. I was crying because I was in pain during the procedure and he was being condescending and criticizing me/making fun of me. I felt severe pain like never before and was being treated like an idiot for showing emotion. I have never been treated so terribly by a healthcare provider. I'm not one who usually writes reviews or complains much, but I really felt it to be necessary to say something, so you don't end up with that doctor like I did.
Dr. Lazaro is a wonderful doctor. I found him when I was pregnant with my son, and am greatful I did. I could not imagine going to another doctor when I became pregnant this time around, even though I drive from far away to go to him. At first my husband and I were not sure how to take him, but I quickly learned his personality, and love him. He always asks if I have any questions or concerns, and answers all of them. He is very direct and will tell you exactly what is going on, which I love. He is extremly knowledgable and very skilled. My son ended up being an emergency/unplanned c-section and before we went into the OR Dr. Lazaro sat with me and watched our vitals and what was going on with my unborn son for an hour! I was amazed, usually the hospital nurses do that. The labor and delivery nurse told me not to worry about my c-section that Dr. Lazaro is one of the best surgeons. Martha, his nurse is amazing, kind, and very sweet. Dawn is his other nurse and she is always right on top of answering or having the doctor answer any questions I have when I call. The girls in the front are very nice and accomidating when you are making your appointments.
Dr. Laz is amazing. He is a brillian man and I would/have trusted him with my life and the life of my unborn child. Yes, he is a bit rough around the edges but you have to learn to understand his humor. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my wellbeing. Also, Martha, Laz's nurse is fantastic! He is very open to answer all of your questions and is extreamly thurough. Love him!
Dr. Lazaro is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Uc Davis Medical Center
Dr. Steven C Lazaro accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOb/Gyn Associates Of Chico, 1665 Esplanade, Chico, CA
Dr. Steven C Lazaro is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Chico, CA.