Chronic Dry Eye
Get the facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms and doctors who treat this condition.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven H Leibowitz has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Macular Degeneration
- Dry Eye Syndromes
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Vision Issues
- Eye Exam
- Eye Pain
- Contact lenses
- Lazy Eye (Strabismus)
- Lasik Surgery
- Graves Disease (Thyroid Eye Disease)
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
I have gone to Dr. Leibowitz for over 25 years and have sent family and friends. He has always been excellent for all of us including serious eye injuries, routine cataract surgery and weird headache issues. He is so very bright. I am sorry to hear some do not agree but I would trust him with any eye issue.
Do yourself and your eyes a favor and run far away from Dr. Leibowitz. I had orbit eye surgery performed to look for possible foreign object that was detected on a Cat Scan. Day of surgery Dr. Leibowitz informed myself and my husband that he would let my husband know about the procedure after the surgery. (as most surgeons do) He did NOT go out to talk to my husband. As we were leaving my husband told the nurse that he hadn't spoken to the doctor. No good answer was giving as to why. Day after surgery I was experiencing terrible vertigo and double vision. I contacted Dr. Leibowitz to tell him about this problem. His office had him return my call, at which time he asked if the double vision was up and down, or side to side. When I said up and down...he respond, "That is why you sign waivers" NOT come in to the office, or this could be a possible complication, but "That is why you sign waivers" I still feel the shutter I felt the day he said that. This is a doctor talking to me, are you kidding?? Bottom line- He cut/kicked the optic nerve. I now live with double vision for the rest of my life. I can't wear contacts because I need special lenses to see. I truly believe that he knew something was wrong right away..probably why he didn't go talk to my husband. What other excuse would he have for such a rude, uncaring comment about the waiver? And in hind sight several doctors have told me that they would not have even done the surgery without further testing. Find another doctor!
Dr. Leibowitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1979
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Dr. Steven H Leibowitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Value Network HMO NV Only
- Anthem HMO Nevada
- Anthem NV Choice PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway PPO
- Anthem NV Pathway X HMO Ind Direct Access
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Nevada PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net Salud EPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
One Health Network
- One Health Network
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence S NV - Universal Health Network PPO Employer
- Prominence Southern Nevada - HMO Employer Sponsored
- Sierra Health Southern Nevada PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven H Leibowitz in this video.
Dr. Steven H Leibowitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Las Vegas, NV.