Dr. Steven Leichter Is this you?

2.5

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Steven Leichter?

Dr. Steve Leichter - Excellent Physician!

Posted on March 21st, 2016

Dr. Leichter is such a kind, caring, knowledgeable, and skilled physician. He went completely out of his way to help me in a very difficult case. I have seen numerous doctors at Emory, Mayo Clinic, Vanderbilt, MD Anderson, and yet Dr. Leichter did more to help me than other doctor! He will always have my fullest appreciation and respect!

Posted on June 3rd, 2015

Our 9 yo daughter did not have a good experience with her previous endocrinologist. Dr. Leichter out her at ease immediately. I really appreciated how kind he was to her and to me.

Posted on January 21st, 2015

Doc should look at more than numbers for thyroid. Rude staff in Columbus

Rude and unapproachable

Posted on January 12th, 2014

I went to this doctor several years ago when I was 18. I was sent to him on a suspicion I had an insulin resistant disease that affects women. After years of watching me suffer from the side effects from this disease, my mom accompanied me to the visit in hopes that what she had witnessed over the years would provide some insight into a proper diagnosis and treatment. When he entered the room he stormed in like he was rushing from somewhere else. He sat down at his desk and began asking questions that I didn't know how to answer. When my mom realized I was struggling with expressing the answers he was searching for, she intervened with what she has witnessed over the years. He cut her off and rudely replied " I don't want to speak to you. You are not the patient. I want to hear from her. So please don't say another word!" I was floored that a man of professional stature would speak so coldly and rudely to someone just trying to help. If it weren't for the fact that we had already waited for him for over an hour I would've got up and left. Needless to say, I gave him a dose of his own medicine (no pun intended) and was rude right back. After I answered one of his questions wrong because he was not clear on his question, he scolded me and raised his voice at me like I was stupid and incompetent. That was the last visit I had with the man and no intentions of seeing him again. Beware!

i personally do not trust this man

Posted on December 4th, 2013

The man was looking at some one elses records on his computer...gave me some extremely off the wall advice based on it i questioned him...he got agitated and began spouting out an insulin regimine that i had been on 40 years ago...told me id have to toss away the $1000 of insulin i already had. I personally would not trust him for my diabetes care.

Best Doctor I have seen in YEARS, possibly EVER

Posted on April 7th, 2013

I could not have been more pleased with my visit to Dr. Leichter's office yesterday. His knowledge of endocrinology and internal medicine is extensive and exact. He was pleasant to visit with and showed genuine interest. In addition, he was not only thorough, taking the time to consider all of the medical situations I have been experiencing (in addition to the one for which I was referred to him by my insurance company) but he was also quite comprehensive in answering all of the questions I had and making sure I had very detailed information regarding his evaluation of my records and follow-up plan. I am very excited to continue working with Dr. Leichter on carrying out an effective treatment plan and am so thankful to have finally found a doctor who can help me.

Former Medical Practice Administrator in another state

Posted on April 6th, 2013

I waited over an hour to be seen. The records I brought with me and turned in to the receptionist were lost in the scattered hodge podge at the front desk. Staff acted as though it was my fault they couldn't find my chart. Even though I had previously had pituitary surgery, Dr.Leichter gave the impression he really wasn't interested in my care, or the treatment that was recommended by my previous, world renouned endocrinologist. Dr. Leichter was rude, arrogant and in my opinion, really not that knowledgeable or interested in my care. He answered three phone calls about business issues as I sat there waiting to discuss my medical needs.. Needless to say, that was my first and last visit to their office. Since then, I have learned that his office manager has employed a number of family members. That is more than likely, the major existing clerical problem, and explains the disorganization and treatment of the patients. A family setup limits an office manager from reprimanding individuals that would ordinarily correct situations under different circumstances.

Poor Office Staff and Back Office and Doctors are worse

Posted on October 14th, 2012

There are hand made signs all over the front of the office telling you about policy, insurance etc... All in bold as if you are in idiot... Doctors and supporting staff are not helpful and treat you like a number. I am certain that there are violations in the way the Dr. does business and practices.

Arrogant is the nicest way I can put it.

Posted on September 24th, 2012

After an average of an hour wait to be seen I was called back by some of the most unprofessional nurses I have ever dealt with. Once in Dr Leitcher's office he proceeded to talk down to me as if I have not been type 1 diabetic for over 12 years. He showed no interest in advising me on how to manage anything involving type 1. The only thing he was interested in was scolding me as if I defiied him and his way of doing things. Then proceeded to rush me out of the office so he could move on to what seemed like more important matters. I advise not seeing the doctor if you have another option. If no other option is available insure you give a stern warning that you will not be talked down to or treated like a child. I can assure you this will happen if not.

Best Doctor!

Posted on August 20th, 2012

My daughter was admitted into the PICU and diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. Everyday Dr. Leichter was up there checking in on her and making her smile. He also sat down and explained everything and put my mind at ease. Ever since then Dr. Leichter and his staff have been wonderful with my daughter and making sure she is doing great! I would recommend anybody to him!

Not a Team Player

Posted on March 7th, 2012

Dr. Leichter is not a team player. I've had type I diabetes for 23 years. He didn't even ask me what I thought about how my sugars were. He praised my 6.4 A1c when I've been under 6 for almost 2 years and had a few troublesome spots that I wanted him to help me address. He didn't care about the data on my CGMS. He wants premeal sugars...and that's it. He thinks he can manage a type I diabetics sugars with that alone. Foolish! I was very disappointed. He is NOT who he says he is in his webpage BIO. He is NOT an insulin pump, CGMS advocate. Also, his floors are grossly dirty. That's almost an aside after my review of his skill as a doctor, but if nothing else a doctor's office should be CLEAN.

Office Not Handicap Accessible

Posted on January 24th, 2012

He has a new office in Coweta County. There are 2 handicap parking places on the side of the building. After walking around to the front door, the doors are not handicap accessible, so a wheel chair diabetic patient has to have someone with him to open the doors to even enter the new office.