Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven D Liakos
Dr. Steven D Liakos, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Marlton, NJ, with another office in Voorhees, NJ. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Liakos is affiliated with Our Lady Of Lourdes Medical Center and Kennedy Health System Cherry Hill Campus. Dr. Liakos has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven D Liakos has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Steven D Liakos has the following 40 expertise
- Celiac Disease
- Colon Tumor (Adenomatous Polyps)
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Esophageal Diseases
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Intestinal Diseases
- Liver Disease (Alcoholic)
- Hepatitis B
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Hepatitis A
- Stomach Diseases
- Peptic Ulcer
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Laser Surgery
Dr. Steven D Liakos has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 22
I previously had alot of problems with GERD and Dr. Liakos put me on a regimen of dietary changes and eating habits that made my symptoms decrease to the point that I now only have problems when I eat very spicy foods. I have been a patient of his for years, although I have not needed to see him for over a year now. Highly Recommended!
He is a wonderful Doctor!!! He has taken care od my whole family for a long time
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Liakos is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1975
Dr. Steven D Liakos accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Select
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Steven D Liakos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Marlton, NJ.