Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven Lipsius has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Crisis Intervention
- Depressive Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
It is my pleasure to be able to write a positive review on my doctor, Dr. Steven H. Lipsius. In the winter of 2010 I was trying to locate a doctor who could prescribe me with my proper medication. In the past five years, this physician has lead me instead of pushing me and he has been expert in helping me with my psychological thinking. Dr. Lipsius has treated me with the utmost in professionalism and at all times behaved with an appropriate and gentleman like behavior. When I went to him, I was very much in need of the kind of help he gave me so expertly and I have been extremely satisfied and secure with my treatment even since.
Dr. Lipsius is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
George Washington Univ Hospital
50 Years Experience
Temple University Physicians
Graduated in 1963
Dr. Steven Lipsius accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Steven Lipsius is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.