Have you seen Dr. Steven C Ludwig?

Cervical spine fusion 6/27/18

I am happy that he knew exactly what was bothering me but beside manners aren't Great. I felt pushed along when still having issues and pain. I've been asking for medicine since my post op & still nothing. I'm having more pain in my neck and it's swollen. No one seems to Care! I don't know what else to do.... a upset in Pain client/patient

dr. ludwig

The Doc is totally fabulous! After seeing 8 other doctors he totally figured out what was wrong with me and made me right. He performed c-spine surgery on me and I have felt so good since the surgery. He Rocks! xoxo

Back, Hip, Knee Pain

First appt. 15 yrs ago w/Dr. Ludwig took me aback ... he reminded me of a Doogie Houser, MD!! Dr. Ludwig is Top Notch ... from his gentle, caring nature, his vast knowledge of the physical body, its kinetic movement & the importance of surgical intervention when absolutely necessary! Dr. Ludwig has been my hero all these years .. enough so that I sent my father to him for (successful!) neck surgery! I'm in need of his help once again, & will be calling Kernan for an appt. today!!

BSN, RN

I am an ICU nurse and went to Dr. Ludwig after a devastating L5/S1 herniation that left me in excruciating pain and unable to work. My first surgery, while effective, led me to continued deterioration of the the vertebrae (this is my body's issue NOT reflective of the surgeon). I am about to have a fusion due to continued pain (different from original) with Dr. Ludwig and would NEVER consider going to another surgeon. He is courteous, informative, prompt, and above all COMPASSIONATE. I have been and will continue to be grateful to him and his incredible staff for their care of me. I am looking forward to a successful surgery, a thorough recovery (that I will control with my diligence and temperance by listening to the therapist and Dr. Ludwig), and getting back to caring for patients...rather than being the patient.

Exceptional Caregiver

Dr. Ludwig is a true professional who makes connections with patients and their family. He explains things in layman's terms and puts patients and their family at ease. Would highly recommend him to anyone suffering from spinal injuries.

My husband had back surgery by Dr. Ludwig and he was very good at coming to me after surgery to tell me how he did. He has good bedside manner as I saw since I was visiting my husband daily. I am facing a back surgery myself and feel very confident for him to do the surgery. I hope this will work this time as this will be my 11 back surgery, but I put my faith and trust in this dr.

I went in for back surgery. After Dr. Ludwick was done, I ended up have FIVE back surgeries! This was about two years ago. I'm still in pain and must use a cane to get around! I would NOT recommend Dr. Ludick to anyone!

Just run the other way

Do yourself a big favor and don't put your trust in this doctor. Bad experience. Ludwig may hold titles but, as a surgeon he is greatly lacking skill, compassion, and does not feel he needs to let the patient in on anything.

SAVING MY LIFE

Owe my life literally to this amazing compassionate man. two more weeks or so i would have died or been parlayed for the rest of my life. I had next to no cervical neck bone left from c3-c5 due to an infection from a prior surgeon. I sought him out as i would rank him as the best orthopedic doctor in the US.

awesome Dr. got it right after three others failed!!

lifesaver

saved my life after three botched surgeries preformed in the reading pa area had severe osteomyelitis due to incompetent doctors and hospital staff, severe staph infection left untreated and 80% of bone was missing in c4-c5 . if it wasn't for the staff and Dr Ludwig I would be dead at an early age of 50 , my family and I are forever indebt to you for saving my life.

Repaired my C-2 fracture 3 years ago.

Dr. Steven C Ludwig is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lutherville Timonium, MD.