Dr. Steven Machlin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Steven Machlin?

Patient

Posted on July 19th, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Machlin for about 1 1/2 years. He is an Excellent Dr. and listen's to my Concern's. If you need to see someone that will listen to you, then I rate him the Best in Fort Myer's. 100 %

Great docs, awful staff

Posted on September 22nd, 2015

The actual physician and PA are great. The office staff is horrible. They gave me an appointment, canceled it without telling me, and then blamed me for it and treated me like an idiot. It's also impossible to get prompt appointments for things like medicine checks, so you end up feeling like no one cares how the treatment is going once they have your money (and since they don't take insurance, it's a lot of money).

Md

Posted on June 21st, 2015

The best I have ever seen

The best practice ever!

Posted on October 8th, 2013

Dr. Machlin and his NP Dianne found me in the darkest time of my life and truly gave me salvation. I was struggling with both a debilitating chronic physical illness as well as depression and severe anxiety and panic. Dr. Machlin is truly brilliant and really gives his patients the time they need to truly express what the issues are. Plus, he has extensive knowledge about the human body and treats the whole person rather than just throwing medicine at you as most psychiatrists do. His office staff, Joanne and Denise are also very accommodating and work very hard to keep the practice in tip top shape. I have very little faith in the medical community, but Dr. Machlin and Dianne Del Pizzo have proved and continue to prove that there are some great ones left!!! I would highly recommend this practice to everyone and anyone who wants to feel human again.

Dr. Machlin has been a great psychiatrist, who does all he can to make my life more bearable.

Posted on September 9th, 2012

I have been in his care for paranoid schizophrenia for over two years now. He worked with me to find the correct medication for me, he assists me in making important decisions, he has a keen insight into people, including those he has not met but has gotten word about, and he constantly shows a solicitude for my health and the well-being of my life situation. It's difficult to say what makes a great psychiatrist, but in general I would say it has to do with his ability to understand the human mind and condition and to show insight into the person before him, and Machlin has those ability in spades. If you want a great psychiatrist look no further. I write this out of an appreciation for what he has done for me, made my life bearable for the first time.

Rather not say

Posted on June 25th, 2012

Dr. Machlin relies too much on his incompetent so-called mental health staff and THEIR opinions. Again, opinions from non-psychiatric (nurses or whatever have you have) instead of actually meeting with you directly. He never discussed alleged issues directly with me. Dr. Machil was a nice person, he just runs his office terribly. I think his case load is too heavy. And at $100 - $300 makes the visit not helpful.

The Best!

Posted on April 3rd, 2012

After trying to get help for at least 10 years without success, Dr. Machlin was recommended to me. Dr. Machlin and his staff have helped me immeasurably. He and his staff are compassionate, caring, and his diagnosis and care plan were spot-on for me. FINALLY...someone has made a difference and helped me change my life!

Dr. Machlin and Office Staff

Posted on December 17th, 2011

Dr. Machlin's office is an LLC. This means he is protecting himself from Lawsuits. They charge very high fees and you are not seeing a DOCTOR !! You actually get to see the DOCTOR once every 4 visits!! Otherwise you are left with a NP ( nurse practioner) to prescribe your meds. The office staff is a bit on the cranky side and think they are better than the "crazy" patients. They treat you like you are beneath them.I will not return. Don't judge a practice by where the DOCTOR went to school.....he may have went to good schools, but we don't know where he ranked among the graduates.

Posted on April 6th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr Machlin's for almost 4 years. I have so much confidence in this man. He is so compassionate and is so knowlegeable. Dr Mac you are the best!!!

Excellent

Posted on March 29th, 2011

Very knowledgeable, caring, compassionate and supportive.

Posted on February 23rd, 2011

Knows medicine benefits and side effects. Knows how to fine tune dosages of multiple meds to treat problems quickly and completely. Is a great listener.

Totally great staff!

Posted on July 22nd, 2010

Staff is very caring and helpful. Nurse practitioner is the same. Dr. Machlin is excellent. He listens and doesn't rush you. The person who complained about their payment problem should take it up with their insurance company. That's not this office's fault. I have gotten significant mental help with the care I've received here thanks to these caring professionals.