Dr. Steven Mccarus Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Steven Mccarus?

Hurt. No doctor should ever tell a disabled patient to "Suck it up" or your life and that of your loved ones is ruined.

Posted on December 2nd, 2016

I was very hurt by what I was told. To be said breifly, after asking about me and my fiance's careers the apt went from we need to figure something out to your just going to have to suck it up and get a job. Saying i'm ruining my life as well as my loved ones. I am permantely disabled, my fiance is retired army vet of 10yrs. I have a rare condition causing constant pain, and to have a medical professional insult me and tell me to suck up my disability or ill ruin my life and the life of my loved ones if I don't stop my pain meds and get a job. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Doctors want to pretend Adhesion disease doesn't exist. It does, I'm not the only one suffering from this awful illness that medical professionals refuse to awknowldege. I would never want to go here again and be told to just suck up my disability. I've suffered from for over a year now.

Posted on March 18th, 2015

2nd opinion, and I am so very grateful for seeing him. Old school gentlemen, takes his time, pleasant and professional yet shows empathy for his patients.

***DO NOT RECOMMEND/NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE***

Posted on February 3rd, 2015

I had severe endometriosis in 2014. Dr. McCarus was going to remove the invasive tissue and preserve my organs. It was never presented to me that I may possibly need a hysterectomy. He was confident this procedure would be done with ease. However, he was unsuccessful and said I was too much of a "mess" inside. The doctor sent me home (an hour and a half away) the same day. The next day I was in extreme pain and wound up in the local emergency room. New doctors kept me in the hospital for one week because of kidney hydronephrosis and a severe kidney infection, as a result of surgery. Dr. McCarus didn't follow-up with me throughout the week to ensure everything would be okay. Three months after a long healing process, I wound up having a complete hysterectomy anyways. I have to come to terms with the devastating fact that I will never have children. I put my trust in Dr. McCarus' hands and was highly disappointed.

Dr. J Kim

Posted on May 2nd, 2014

I waited for almost a year, did all my research of alternative methods, but nothing work, my health kept going down, heavy periods, weight gain, and other health issues. Finally I schedule my partial hysterectomy with Dr J. Kim, he has excellent personality and Bedside manners, it is very hard to find a good Dr in Florida who listens to what you say.

Best GYN around central Florida

Posted on October 6th, 2013

After being diagnosed with endometriosis several years ago, I've gone through so many GYNs and was still struggling and miserable with them to help me. After a trip to the ER, I was referred to him and he has been amazing. My first visit with him he went through all my medical history with me and different treatments I had attempted. He doesn't waste time and is very proactive about treatment and is a specialist with this disease. I am so grateful I ended up in the ER and had him as the on call doctor. He has been a blessing. The nurses and office staff are very kind and they get back to you right away.

Dr. McCarus is a blessing

Posted on March 2nd, 2013

I can't say enough nice things about this man. He has a gift and I was fortunate enough to have benefited from it. His TAH technique is unlike anyone elses. I recently had a hysterectomy and bladder suspension and felt so good afterwards that I forgot about it and took on too much work around the house. Thankfully, I didn't undo any of his work but he asked me politely to "stop it". I did not take any of the pain medication afterwards, as I didn't need it. I was back to work the following week (I work from home). It is amazing that a procedure that back in the day used to take 6 weeks to recover now has a 2 week (average) recovery. I highly recommend this physician.

Posted on September 12th, 2012

I have recommended him to all my girl friends who have had problems in the past and can't seem to get doctors to listen. He listened to the problems I was having and instead of fixing the symtoms he fixed the problem. Life has never been better.

Excellent Surgeon/Partial Hysterectomy 8/15/2011

Posted on September 15th, 2011

I am 48 yrs old and was diagnosed with a fibroid the size of the softball. Dr. McCarus was my second opinon and I truly feel blessed to have found him. He is a wonderful doctor, excellent surgeon and will take great care of you from beginning to end. His staff is very effecient and always pleasant to deal with. Dr. McCarus is the very best in his specialty and deserves a nobel prize for his field of expertise!

bad experience

Posted on December 27th, 2010

This doctor told me I needed a hysterectomy when it was not needed, luckily i went for a second opinion and had a myomectomy instead, very rude and cold am glad i didnt follow his wrong advice for a hysterectomy .

Partial Hysterectomy

Posted on October 30th, 2010

I am 39 yrs old and just had my surgery two months ago. I was referred to Dr. McCarus by my regular Gyn. I was experiencing severe cramping every month with symptoms that prevented me from my daily activities and getting to work. I would spend the first 24 hours throwing up, screaming in bed cause the pain was so severe it left me crippled. I would be dehydrated after two days of throwing up bile. I would miss work every month and neglected my family the first two days of my period. I also had experience painful intercourse but I dealt with it for years. I found out I have a retro-flexed uterus. I did research on endometriosis I had 90 percent of all the symptoms but was never diagnosed with it. I was not able to eat or take medication cause I would throw it up right after.When I went to see Dr. McCarus, he answered alot of my questions. My uterus was tilted causing pressure to my bladder. So we decided on a partial hysterectomy removing my cervix and uterus. The recovery was outstanding, I didn't experience too much pain after the surgery which surprised the nurses. I was moving around and home in bed without pain.2 months later I am still feeling great. I have to say that Dr. McCarus is great and I would recommend him to anyone who experiences pelvic problems. I found his staff to be extremely great and overall for him I found that he was very informative with the procedure and explaining the problem, the solution and followed up with me afterwards great.

best dr in florida

Posted on April 29th, 2009

the most caring dr in florida.....he is human and very caring and does not make you feel less of a person no matter how much plumbing is removed.....he is my idol the entire practice along with Jay ReDAN AND DR KIM THERE THE BOMB....I LOVE YOU GUYS

Posted on April 19th, 2017